Beautiful Day Is Labour's New Election Song!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afc1903

Babyface
Saw it on BBC News last night. What a disgrace. I can't believe U2 are letting them use their song. Every time i hear that song its gonna f*cking remind me of tony blair's cheesy smiley face telling us a load of sh*t about how great its gonna be!!

Its one thing for U2 to support amnesty international and the fight against global poverty, its another thing to side with political parties!!

What are they doing!!

Am in the only one annoyed by this??

Yeh, but lets hope that they stop them using the song instead of just being silent about the situation.

Aardvark747 said:

Good move

They have to remain impartial, I think U2 are changing again, I think now really the tour will be great and the next album will deliver all the goods, the Grammies will incite them to move on from here and experiment, the fort is built time to move out the troops:wink:

knox said:
Labour better hope that the song brings them better luck than it brought John Kerry.

ahahaha, right on, knox! It surprised me when Kerry used it, since Bono said it was a very zen song about somebody who's lost everything, and so it couldn't really get any worse, so it's the best day it could possibly be. Of course, no one ever listens to lyrics... Exhibit 1: Springsteen's "Born in the USA"

We all just love the hook.

Back
Top Bottom