Beat on the Brat- Ramones Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what did everyone think of this cover?

this could become one of those underappreciated songs that probably would slip through much like any song on Zooropa or Pop because it is not one of those U2 'songs'- eg edge's guitar, bono's certain vocal style

anyway the band does a good job covering the Ramones and its obvious that performing Ramones hits would have probably been one of the things they liked doing most when they jammed together in the earlier years

It's not bad.

A little too much like the original for my tastes, but I still think it's decent.

it's good, but not great

it does few days I read in a Mexican magazine a critic about the song that made me laugh a lot... said something thus: "the U2 proposal with Beat On The Brat is good, clearing the sexy tone of the Bono voice"

:p

I liked it. It was alot like the ramones, but bono added some U2 to it. Which makes a good cover..taking the song, showing how they influenced you and still syating true to yuurself which i think some bands on that album had a hard time with. Garbage was another band who did a good job on there.

I like it well enough, but I don't know, maybe I'm just used to the original. Hard to explain really, but hearing that familiar riff was pretty cool because it was different from the usual U2 stuff (despite the fact it's close to the original).

u2popmofo said:
It's not bad.

A little too much like the original for my tastes, but I still think it's decent.

that's what i was going to say, bitch

Back
Top Bottom