beach clip 409 IS a strokes song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yahweh said:
Have you clowns ever thought that strokes song might be something they want to put out as a bside? Probably not:)

No name-calling, please. :shame:

Copy said:
Yeah, they're probably covering it, and it'll end up as a B-side.

Try reading the thread before you post something like you just did.

Last edited:
from the strokes website

they weren't covering the song, albert was there that day and was
playing them some of his solo recordings when the band had a day off
during their tour last week.

can't believe some crazy fans were actually outside using spy gear to secretly record the sounds coming from the house... very creepy,
to say the least.

the song is actually called "in transit", and yes, albert's solo
album is due OCT. 9th, and will exclusively be released in the U.K.,
because that's the only place he has a record deal...
i'm sure it will be available for purchase elsewhere as an "import",
or through web stores...

-ryan
the strokes
wiz kid mgmt.

It doesnt but I feel an undertone of people putting the band down for recording something that isnt their own, which is not unusual:)

The vocal's on the beach clip and the actual Strokes track don't really sound alike. And the beach clip really sounds like Bono. So again, it begs the question... Does Bono also sing over songs people come play for him?:huh:

Of course they don't sound alike! Albert's song that we have (I guess technically not the Strokes) was a demo and apparently he has re-worked it a bit was playing for the guys.

Lancemc said:
So again, it begs the question... Does Bono also sing over songs people come play for him?:huh:

I would guess yes, Bono probably sings constantly.

Too bad it's not a U2 song but maybe this will be a great album we can all enjoy.

Is this guy really suprised people are taping outside of where a band like U2 are practicing.

It's not THAT creepy :angry:

A tape recorder is now spy gear?

spying.jpg

The New U2 Fan Logo

U2Man said:

No name-calling, please. :shame:

Try reading the thread before you post something like you just did.

You're right with the first part, but there's no need to be rude with the second part.

Bonochick said:

You're right with the first part, but there's no need to be rude with the second part.

I'm only suggesting that people read through the thread before they call other people 'clowns' :shrug:

stargift said:

That scenario fits, because the strokes did a concert in Nice, France on the 18th and had a couple days off.

and Bono was at that concert

And as creeped out as the Strokes web guy is, he should probably keep in mind that this little incident created a HUGE amount of interest in the guy's new album, which a lot of us wouldn't have known about if it hadn't of happened... and they didn't even have to pay a dime...

and it was a digital camera wasn't it?

U2dork said:
And as creeped out as the Strokes web guy is, he should probably keep in mind that this little incident created a HUGE amount of interest in the guy's new album, which a lot of us wouldn't have known about if it hadn't of happened... and they didn't even have to pay a dime...

A pair of contacts could be "spy gear" I suppose. :shrug: :huh:

U2dork said:

Was just about to say the same thing. And he should be gratified at the overwhelmingly positive response the song got too!

I agree about the reaction. It's catchy, even while being obscured by the sound of the ocean. I think that says a lot. I hope a US label picks him up soon.

Screwtape2 said:

I agree. Bono singing the song would greatly improve it.

And it would actually be something new and fresh coming from them. This sounds like the same ol' sucky Strokes to me. No skin off Bono's behind if he didn't write this formulaic crap.

Punk rock sounds so much better when U2 does it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom