Be honest, ATYCLB is not a "great" U2 album and the new U2 album needs to be better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
StatelessPop said:
it was a little bit of a letdown for some; I think we can agree to that.

Ah, but saying "I was dissapointed" is one thing and saying "it was bad/sucked" is another. You can't make the connection and go "I didn't like this particular album=it's crap". (I think critics and reviewers are more objective than fans anyway)

Which, as far as I can tell, is what MOST ATYCLB bashers do.

Here's my rating of U2's albums :

1. AB/ATYCLB
2. Joshua tree
3. Rattle and Hum
4. UF
5. POP/Zooropa
6. the first three

Last edited:
U2girl said:

Ah, but saying "I was dissapointed" is one thing and saying "it was bad/sucked" is another. You can't make the connection and go "I didn't like this particular album=it's crap". (I think critics and reviewers are more objective than fans anyway)

Which, as far as I can tell, is what MOST ATYCLB bashers do.

Here's my rating of U2's albums :

1. AB/ATYCLB
2. Joshua tree
3. Rattle and Hum
4. UF
5. POP/Zooropa
6. the first three

How can you say Rattle and Hum is a better album than UF, War, Zooropa and Pop?!

Yes it has it's moments like Heartland, Desire, Angel of Harlem and All I Want Is You but other than that, although it is a decent rock record, it is all a bit pompous and not as good as UF etc.

TheDaddy said:

How can you say Rattle and Hum is a better album than UF, War, Zooropa and Pop?!

Yes it has it's moments like Heartland, Desire, Angel of Harlem and All I Want Is You but other than that, although it is a decent rock record, it is all a bit pompous and not as good as UF etc.

I said "my rating" = in order of my personal preference. I did not say I think it is better than the other albums.

U2girl said:

I said "my rating" = in order of my personal preference. I did not say I think it is better than the other albums.

Fair enough, but how can you prefer Rattle and Hum to War, UF, Zooropa and Pop?!

Like I said it has its moments and is a good rock record but it just so pompous.

You know one of the reason why I love U2?

Here it is: you have a cd for every kind of music you like!
I love ATYCLB, but if there's some among us who don't, where's the problem? They just should (and could) choose another cd to listen to!

No all the songs can be a masterpiece! Anyway, who can judge what a masterpiece is?
Maybe only time will tell us!

Back
Top Bottom