Bass Trap, a trafic jam and the sunset...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
Yesterday something really cool hapenned to me. I left my work earlier in the afternoon in order to go to a doctor?s apointment. I had to cross the entire city during the rush time and there was this trafic jam everywhere, something I hate, it really infuriates me. I was listening to my tape of the B-sides from The Best of 1980-1990, car windows closed as asual. I was terribly late when I got to the part of the city alonside the river and there was this beautiful sunset, the water was kinda orange red, as if the sun wanted to drown in the river, something typical of the end of the summer here in my town. Then Bass Trap started to play and, all of a sudden, I got myself lost in time, free of all that annoyance, as if I were in trance really. I kept on staring at the sun, literally, while listening to the song. Then I started to watch the faces of the other drivers, like slow motion, each one with his/her own particular expression...much like the clip of REM?s Everybody Hurts, I might say. Bass Trap had this healing power over me yesterday, it brought me back some peace of mind I was really in need to.
Silly story, I know. But perhaps someone else here have already had an experience like that, with the same song or any other. And perhaps he/she is willing to tell us.
smile.gif

Maria, thank you again for your wonderful experiences that once again show us the power that is within U2's music. U2 is as close as it gets for me in experiencing the beauty that is in something we often take for granted such as a sunset. Bass Trap is one of the songs that sounds what a sunset would sound like if it had a sound to sing.

Chris

That's a beautiful story.
smile.gif

I don't think mine can match, but i was listening to Walk to the water - the 2nd time ever, actually - and it was that time of day right after the sun sets and the clowds get that rosy color. You know?

And it just made the song so calming, and soothing...i sort of felt like i was "in tune", at peace with the world, if you know what i mean.
(Tryin' to throw your arms around the world has similar effect on me)

That story made me smile, follower.
smile.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

What is it with Ustwo? I can relate to that in several ways. Brightly woven follower, thanks for sharing.

I have a story.

My boss and I were working REALLY fast, setting up some computers. Then we had to drive them over to the client site. It was early am. I jumped in the driver's side, and put on a tape which had Wire "Dub Mix" .... now that's some fast drivin' stuff....
wink.gif

"Kiss meeee, AAAHHH!!!"

aw, follower,
you know that isn't "silly." Lots of people feel compelled to use that term when they talk about being moved by a song on a CD or the radio. But that's what happens to ALL of us at times, privately, with this music, that's why we're all here! And it's surely why we love U2. Because they colour our world and make it a little more bearable. Thanks for letting us in on one of your Moments.

Deb D

------------------
I wanna walk with you along an unapproved road

the greatest frontman in the world - by truecoloursfly: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1575

Then Bass Trap started to play and, all of a sudden, I got myself lost in time, free of all that annoyance, as if I were in trance really...Bass Trap had this healing power over me yesterday

You know, you'll never guess how many people say that about me. I'm glad I could be of help to you, I had fun too.

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

I was eager to read your responses but I couldn't connect to the net the whole weekend, something wrong with my cable.
frown.gif
I'm using my computer ar work now.

Thank you guys, ?t's truly amazing the way we can find what we're in need to in U2 songs, whether is joy or comfort or peace, the good things in life. Their songs have helped me throughout my existence, they are my drug and my medicine. Somehow last Friday Bass Trap (the song, not our friend interferencer
wink.gif
) put things in perspective for me. It was not so important that I was late, locked in a car in the middle of a traffic jam...the important thing should be the fact that I'm alive and healthy, I could see that beautiful sunset and listen to that song...so many others couldn't. Yes, I have major problems...But also so many good things in my life. I should be glad for what I've got.

That's a pretty little story to be able to tell. Thanks for sharing.

------------------
Who's gonna ride your wild horses?

Won't you kiss me on that MIDNIGHT STREET, sweep me OFF MY FEET, singing 'ain't this life SO SWEET?' -David Gray

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Back
Top Bottom