baseball playoffs - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2001, 12:56 AM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:48 AM
baseball playoffs

Any other baseball fans out there? It's finally playoff time!!! A welcome distraction to all the world events going on. I just got home from Game 1 of the DiamondBacks/Cardinals series at BOB. Wow!!! What a game!!! Curt Schilling was simply amazing tonight!! Curt completely shut down the Cards for 1-0 D'Backs win. With Randy Johnson (aka "The Big Unit") pitching for the D'Backs tomorrow afternoon, I like my D'Backs chances of going into St. Louis up two games to none. D'Backs will win the series in 4 games. Thank God they scheduled tomorrow's game at 1pm. That still gives me time to get home from the game in time for the U2 webcast.

Hey Mariner fans, what happened? Shut out at home 5-0 by Cleveland??? If that isn't a wakeup call for the Mariners, then I don't know what is. I still think Seattle will win that series. They're too good to lose to Cleveland.

The Houston Astros losing their first game at home didn't surprise me. They seem to choke in the playoffs every year. I'm picking the Braves to win that series.

As for the NY Yankees/Oakland A's, that should be a great series that goes the full 5 games. Sorry Yankee fans, I think your run of championships is over. I'm picking the A's to win this series.

Old 10-10-2001, 12:58 AM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 06:48 AM
baseball sucks now and isn't worth watching since my cubbies unfortunately didn't make the playoffs

Old 10-10-2001, 01:04 AM   #3
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by U2One:
baseball sucks now and isn't worth watching since my cubbies unfortunately didn't make the playoffs
The Cubbies are my 2nd favorite team (I grew up in Chi-town), so I too was bummed they didn't make the playoffs. A D'Backs/Cubs series would've been SWEET!! I'm glad Mark Grace is now a D'Back and able to enjoy the postseason once again.

GO D'BACKS!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2001, 01:25 AM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 11:48 AM
the braves won, hurrah!

------------------
-deathbear
Old 10-10-2001, 01:32 AM   #5
I Serve Larry's Stick

Local Time: 07:48 AM
Excuse me, I'm a Tribe fan. Time for a Seattle wake-up call!!! They are NOT too good to lose to Cleveland.

*cleveland girl ready to whup some ass*

------------------
south bend here i come!
Old 10-10-2001, 01:34 AM   #6
Banned

I'm a Met fan......SHOOT ME!!

ck
Old 10-10-2001, 02:27 AM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 05:48 AM
Braves! Hope they make the World Series. They played like champions today. Of course, now I don't know if Seattle can make it there anymore after the way they played today. They'd better pick it up or they'll be sent home real quick.

As long as the Yankees don't win...

------------------
Change is the only constant
Old 10-10-2001, 02:36 AM   #8
Kid A

the Braves and Yankees need to suffer humiliating defeats
Old 10-10-2001, 02:40 AM   #9
the invisible woman

GO B R A V E S!!

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(.(*. .*).)
.. *Monica*..
(.(.* *.).)
Old 10-10-2001, 03:28 AM   #10
Mr. MacPhisto's Tub Scrubber

U2Itol-
You suck for never responding to my replies in your threads,firstly..
Secondly-
For never emailing me when were U2Fans (and 25 in the valley of the sun have already emailed me)and live in the same valley as you.Dont be bringing some weakass excuse to the table..

And many of The DiamondBacks are my clients.

Thank You-
Diamond

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/
Old 10-10-2001, 03:31 AM   #11
She wore graaaapes

Local Time: 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2ITNOL:

The Houston Astros losing their first game at home didn't surprise me. They seem to choke in the playoffs every year. I'm picking the Braves to win that series.

Unfortunately, you're probably right.

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01
Old 10-10-2001, 03:51 AM   #12
Refugee

<----- Baseball addict, Red Sox Fan though, so guess who I'm rooting against. The Sox were so bad this season that even I sold my tickets to the last game of the season, I usually get to about 20 games each year at least too. Good matchups this time around, but I'm interested in seeing if anyone can beat Seattle.

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog
- Kathleen -
Old 10-10-2001, 11:22 AM   #13
Acrobat

Chop Chop! Maybe the Braves will actually win it all this time, now that they're not expected to. I was there in '95 when they won it all.......freaking incredible experience watching your team win the big one.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:37 AM   #14
Babyface

Well, U2itnol, if my Cards can somehow pull this one off today against the Unit, look out. They have hit Randy Johnson fairly well, so I hold out some hope. I think the D-Backs are in trouble if they go into a rocking Busch Stadium with the series tied 1-1. The Cards are second only to Seattle for the best home record in the majors. The Arizona pitching staff gets ALOT less intimidating after Johnson/Schilling. I will say that I think the series belongs to the D-Backs in 5 if they win today.
Old 10-10-2001, 01:16 PM   #15
War Child

How cool would it have been to see the Red Sox and Cubs in the World Series????!!!!! Playing games at Wrigley then at Fenway!!! From Chicago to Boston. And ironically, those are the two biggest U2 cities in America!!!
Old 10-10-2001, 01:33 PM   #16
Mr. MacPhisto's Tub Scrubber

Quote:
Originally posted by U2ITNOL:
Any other baseball fans out there? It's finally playoff time!!! A welcome distraction to all the world events going on. I just got home from Game 1 of the DiamondBacks/Cardinals series at BOB. Wow!!! What a game!!! Curt Schilling was simply amazing tonight!! Curt completely shut down the Cards for 1-0 D'Backs win. With Randy Johnson (aka "The Big Unit") pitching for the D'Backs tomorrow afternoon, I like my D'Backs chances of going into St. Louis up two games to none. D'Backs will win the series in 4 games. Thank God they scheduled tomorrow's game at 1pm. That still gives me time to get home from the game in time for the U2 webcast.

Hey Mariner fans, what happened? Shut out at home 5-0 by Cleveland??? If that isn't a wakeup call for the Mariners, then I don't know what is. I still think Seattle will win that series. They're too good to lose to Cleveland.

As for the NY Yankees/Oakland A's, that should be a great series that goes the full 5 games. Sorry Yankee fans, I think your run of championships is over. I'm picking the A's to win this series.

It is all good now folks-U2ITOL just emailed me..

Thanks John..
D
B

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/
Old 10-10-2001, 01:35 PM   #17
The Fly

Woo Hoo!! Go Braves! I don't think we are going to win the World Series, but I do think we are going to beat Houston. I was at the game last friday and it was Chipper Jones bobble-head night...I now have a Chipper Jones bobble-head. Too cool.

Anyway, I would really like to see the A's beat Yanks. And yes, I aggree....I am very glad Mark Grace gets to be in the playoffs. He is awesome!
Old 10-10-2001, 05:48 PM   #18
Babyface

I just got tickets to the Mariners-Indians game tomorrow..guess what Cleveland fans?

M's are gonna win!!!

Old 10-10-2001, 06:48 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Hopefully the Championship will come through New York. Go Yankees!
I remember when the Yankees 2000 World Champions banner was raised at The Stadium this year. On the Big Screen they played Beautiful Day to a montage of Yankee highlights from the 2000 World Series. It doesn't get any sweeter then that.
O'Neill, Bernie, Jeter, Tino, Rocket and Mo'.
Oh yeah, forgot Jorge.

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!
Old 10-10-2001, 07:24 PM   #20
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by beardog:

M's are gonna win!!!

I wouldn't be so certain. I respect what the M's did during the regular season but as we all know you can throw those 116 games out the window during the playoffs. I like the Indians post-season experience and I predict Indians in four. Oh, and if I am right I will see the clinching game in Cleveland on Sunday.

-ME