baseball playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
Any other baseball fans out there? It's finally playoff time!!! A welcome distraction to all the world events going on. I just got home from Game 1 of the DiamondBacks/Cardinals series at BOB. Wow!!! What a game!!! Curt Schilling was simply amazing tonight!! Curt completely shut down the Cards for 1-0 D'Backs win. With Randy Johnson (aka "The Big Unit") pitching for the D'Backs tomorrow afternoon, I like my D'Backs chances of going into St. Louis up two games to none. D'Backs will win the series in 4 games. Thank God they scheduled tomorrow's game at 1pm. That still gives me time to get home from the game in time for the U2 webcast.

Hey Mariner fans, what happened? Shut out at home 5-0 by Cleveland??? If that isn't a wakeup call for the Mariners, then I don't know what is. I still think Seattle will win that series. They're too good to lose to Cleveland.

The Houston Astros losing their first game at home didn't surprise me. They seem to choke in the playoffs every year. I'm picking the Braves to win that series.

As for the NY Yankees/Oakland A's, that should be a great series that goes the full 5 games. Sorry Yankee fans, I think your run of championships is over. I'm picking the A's to win this series.

baseball sucks now and isn't worth watching since my cubbies unfortunately didn't make the playoffs

Originally posted by U2One:
baseball sucks now and isn't worth watching since my cubbies unfortunately didn't make the playoffs

The Cubbies are my 2nd favorite team (I grew up in Chi-town), so I too was bummed they didn't make the playoffs. A D'Backs/Cubs series would've been SWEET!! I'm glad Mark Grace is now a D'Back and able to enjoy the postseason once again.

GO D'BACKS!!!!!!

Excuse me, I'm a Tribe fan. Time for a Seattle wake-up call!!! They are NOT too good to lose to Cleveland.

*cleveland girl ready to whup some ass*

------------------
south bend here i come!

Braves! Hope they make the World Series. They played like champions today. Of course, now I don't know if Seattle can make it there anymore after the way they played today. They'd better pick it up or they'll be sent home real quick.

As long as the Yankees don't win...

------------------
Change is the only constant

GO B R A V E S!!
smile.gif

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

U2Itol-
You suck for never responding to my replies in your threads,firstly..
Secondly-
For never emailing me when were U2Fans (and 25 in the valley of the sun have already emailed me)and live in the same valley as you.Dont be bringing some weakass excuse to the table..

And many of The DiamondBacks are my clients.

Thank You-
Diamond

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Originally posted by U2ITNOL:

The Houston Astros losing their first game at home didn't surprise me. They seem to choke in the playoffs every year. I'm picking the Braves to win that series.

Unfortunately, you're probably right.

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

<----- Baseball addict, Red Sox Fan though, so guess who I'm rooting against. The Sox were so bad this season that even I sold my tickets to the last game of the season, I usually get to about 20 games each year at least too. Good matchups this time around, but I'm interested in seeing if anyone can beat Seattle.

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog
- Kathleen -

Chop Chop! Maybe the Braves will actually win it all this time, now that they're not expected to. I was there in '95 when they won it all.......freaking incredible experience watching your team win the big one.

Well, U2itnol, if my Cards can somehow pull this one off today against the Unit, look out. They have hit Randy Johnson fairly well, so I hold out some hope. I think the D-Backs are in trouble if they go into a rocking Busch Stadium with the series tied 1-1. The Cards are second only to Seattle for the best home record in the majors. The Arizona pitching staff gets ALOT less intimidating after Johnson/Schilling. I will say that I think the series belongs to the D-Backs in 5 if they win today.

How cool would it have been to see the Red Sox and Cubs in the World Series????!!!!! Playing games at Wrigley then at Fenway!!! From Chicago to Boston. And ironically, those are the two biggest U2 cities in America!!!

Any other baseball fans out there? It's finally playoff time!!! A welcome distraction to all the world events going on. I just got home from Game 1 of the DiamondBacks/Cardinals series at BOB. Wow!!! What a game!!! Curt Schilling was simply amazing tonight!! Curt completely shut down the Cards for 1-0 D'Backs win. With Randy Johnson (aka "The Big Unit") pitching for the D'Backs tomorrow afternoon, I like my D'Backs chances of going into St. Louis up two games to none. D'Backs will win the series in 4 games. Thank God they scheduled tomorrow's game at 1pm. That still gives me time to get home from the game in time for the U2 webcast.

Hey Mariner fans, what happened? Shut out at home 5-0 by Cleveland??? If that isn't a wakeup call for the Mariners, then I don't know what is. I still think Seattle will win that series. They're too good to lose to Cleveland.

As for the NY Yankees/Oakland A's, that should be a great series that goes the full 5 games. Sorry Yankee fans, I think your run of championships is over. I'm picking the A's to win this series.

It is all good now folks-U2ITOL just emailed me..

Thanks John..
D
B

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Woo Hoo!! Go Braves! I don't think we are going to win the World Series, but I do think we are going to beat Houston. I was at the game last friday and it was Chipper Jones bobble-head night...I now have a Chipper Jones bobble-head. Too cool.

Anyway, I would really like to see the A's beat Yanks. And yes, I aggree....I am very glad Mark Grace gets to be in the playoffs. He is awesome!

Hopefully the Championship will come through New York. Go Yankees!
I remember when the Yankees 2000 World Champions banner was raised at The Stadium this year. On the Big Screen they played Beautiful Day to a montage of Yankee highlights from the 2000 World Series. It doesn't get any sweeter then that.
O'Neill, Bernie, Jeter, Tino, Rocket and Mo'.
Oh yeah, forgot Jorge.

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

Originally posted by beardog:

M's are gonna win!!!

I wouldn't be so certain. I respect what the M's did during the regular season but as we all know you can throw those 116 games out the window during the playoffs. I like the Indians post-season experience and I predict Indians in four. Oh, and if I am right I will see the clinching game in Cleveland on Sunday.

-ME

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
Yankees lost!

tongue.gif

Hahahahaha!

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Yankees lost!

tongue.gif

So did my D'Backs.
frown.gif
I should have expected it. Randy Johnson was 0-6 in playoff games going into today's game. Wasn't all his fault today though. No offense and costly errors killed us.

Originally posted by Monkey79:
Chop Chop! Maybe the Braves will actually win it all this time, now that they're not expected to. I was there in '95 when they won it all.......freaking incredible experience watching your team win the big one.

WOW, you LUCKY LUCKY person you!! I remember being 13 at the time, watching it... and screaming my ass off! LOL That was a beauty! I wanna see them play in Atlanta... I always go when they play the damn Giants in SF though!
biggrin.gif

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

The Yankees are just about done. They just lost again, at home!
smile.gif

Yup yup! Heading back to Oakland with the A's up 2-0. And that talk of the 96 World Series...not gonna happen this time. Oakland clearly has looked like the better team in both games, especially in pitching. New York could pull it out, but I find it extremely unlikely.

------------------
Change is the only constant

The Yankees are just about done. They just lost again, at home!
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
YES!

------------------
No whos or whys
No-one cries like a mother cries
For peace on Earth
She never got to say goodbye
To see the colour in his eyes
Now he's in the dirt
Peace on Earth

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

the Braves and Yankees need to suffer humiliating defeats

Yes, they NEED to!!!!!!!Hate them both!

------------------
Nate

"Ready for the shuffle
Ready for the deal
Ready to let go of the steering wheel
I'm ready
Ready for the crush"

-Zoo Station

I think it'll be the A's vs. the Indians in the ALCS and Braves and Cardinals in NLCS.

World Series will be: Cardinals vs. A's

Champs: Oakland A's

P.S. I'm not an A's fan. I'm a Dodger fan, but we know where they're at this postseason.

Let's see how close I get.

Oakland will sweep the Yankee's

Seattle/Cleveland will go to 5 games with Seattle winning.

Oakland will beat Seattle in 5 or 6 games.

Oakland will beat whoever they play in the world series.

I'm not making any picks for the NL, because nobody in that league has a chance against Oakland, the Yankees or Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom