Banjo version of Vertigo on DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phi

The Fly
ROFLMAO!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love when they do stuff like this. It's something right out the Lemon video days - such a surreal moment.

It's my favourite clip off the DVD. Would love a ripped audio version *hint hint*.

i ripped it off of my dvd with dvd audioripper, or whatever it's called (the same one that was suggested for getting the songs off of the slane dvd). i'd love to put it up, but i'm on dial-up, and i'm pretty sure we're not allowed to post these things any more:sad:

it is a great song however, and especially with just the audio, there are a few times when you can hear bono just about lose it and bust out laughing. my favorite part has to be "just give me what i want, and no gets hurt. right?"

shrmn8rpoptart said:
it is a great song however, and especially with just the audio, there are a few times when you can hear bono just about lose it and bust out laughing. my favorite part has to be "just give me what i want, and no gets hurt. right?"

YES!!! I laughed like an idiot when I saw that. I think that Edge looks crazy-as-hell, too. He's dressed like a punk-rocker who looks every one of his years and HE'S PLAYING A BANJO! He looks like a damned fool, and I love it. Playfulness is appreciated from a band that has become so self-righteous in the last few years that I can sometimes hardly stand it anymore. Great stuff.

If you shout... said:
Playfulness is appreciated from a band that has become so self-righteous in the last few years that I can sometimes hardly stand it anymore.

In what way are U2 self-righteous?

I just love it when the band arses around like that. For all of you who said U2 are incapable of being ironic anymore, think again! The Edge...dressed up in leather and sunglasses, wearing traditional rock star facial expressions...playing a bloody banjo. :lol: It's so fantastic! And Bono's dancing...it makes me laugh everytime!

I'm so glad they included this on the DVD.

The whole thing had me with an ear-to-ear grin. It's so silly but they do it without cracking a smile themselves....I'd be in the giggles if I was trying to do that.

U2Granny made these higlight gifs....very amusing to watch:

12b155ae.gif

5d1e2079.gif

Yeah classic U2 moment.

Edge cheated though, had banjo tuned like a guitar :p

I just love the fact that Edge broke out his old ZooTV sunglasses. A nice nod to the past....

Canadiens1160 said:
Yeah classic U2 moment.

Edge cheated though, had banjo tuned like a guitar :p

Exactly, and I wish The Edge would have picked the notes instead of strumming. Still, it's hilarious! Bono saying, "and no one gets hurt, right?" I'm glad it's on the DVD.

:laugh:

love the way the colour of it was done in a scratchy B&W/sepia movie! would of been funnier if they moved around kind of quicker a la the silent movies! lol

I loved how Bono did the Pete Townshend millwheel arm thing when Edge did his solo. That was Great.

I love it! I think I actually prefer this Temple Bar version over the radio one. I like the 'and noone gets hurt. right?' part as well and when Bono goes 'oh oh oh...oh oh oh' (v. sexy):drool:

It brings me much pleasure during my "down" times.:up:

Next to the hardcover book, the acoustic version of Vertigo is my favorite out of the whole package.

Something I will treasure for years to come.

THANK YOU, EDGE AND BONO! :hug:

they certainly aren't too "big" to have some fun. It's one thing for Bono/Edge to do this clowning around one night in the studio drunk, but another to do this, not laugh, and have it for DVD for anyone to watch.

Priceless !!!!!

GibsonGirl said:
I just love it when the band arses around like that. For all of you who said U2 are incapable of being ironic anymore, think again! The Edge...dressed up in leather and sunglasses, wearing traditional rock star facial expressions...playing a bloody banjo. :lol: It's so fantastic! And Bono's dancing...it makes me laugh everytime!

Exactly... brilliance. I watched that thing 4 times and was cracking up everytime. It's so ridiculous that it's great. I love how Bono goes "...and no one gets hurt...right?" and then Edge does a few quick strums as if to say "Yeah, that's right!"

I wonder how people's perceptions of the album would change if the Temple Bar mix was on there instead of the regular Vertigo... imagine hearing THAT song on an iPod commercial! Poor Adam and Larry wouldn't have anything to do but stand there while Edge rocked out to his banjo and Bono danced like a fool (oh wait, he does that anyway...and very sexily I might add :wink: ). It'd be very, very different if people were introduced to the A-Bomb with the Temple Bar mix.

Back
Top Bottom