Bands with Awesome B Sides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
intedomine said:
Oasis' B-sides are rad.

Here's 5 compulsory-to-hear Oasis b-sides:

1. Let's All Make Believe
2. Acquiesce
3. Carry Us All
4. Shout It Out Loud
5. (As Long As They've Got) Cigarettes In Hell

And 5 compulsory R'head b-sides:

1. Fog
2. Melatonin
3. Cutooth
4. Kinetic
5. Lozenge Of Love

U2 had an amazing output of b-sides in the 80s, but they haven't released enough post-Zooropa. Luminous Times, Pete The Chop and Three Sunrises being the best.

Good bands, not my choices of b-sides though:

Oasis
---
Sad Song
Acquiesce
The Masterplan
Going Nowhere
Stay Young

Radiohead
---
Killer Cars
Gagging Order
Worrywort
Lozenge of Love :up:
Palo Alto

Axver said:

That's right. Spanish Eyes was done 13 times on the JT Tour and twice since; Silver And Gold was done only 11 times on the JT Tour and never since. However, Silver And Gold was also snippeted 9 times on the JT Tour, so it technically appeared in some form or another at more shows.

Of course, Spanish Eyes is the better song and it is a crime it has only been played twice since.

coolian2 said:

Of course, Spanish Eyes is the better song and it is a crime it has only been played twice since.

Apparently the band soundchecked it in Spain during the last tour but didn't play it. :tsk:

Someone posted a photo of the original printed Madrid set and it had Spanish Eyes rather than Yahweh between ABOY and Vertigo x2. Guess what U2 played. :madspit:

one word popped into my head the very moment i saw this thread title......

OASIS!

Cheers to everyone above who thought the same thing....

Not only the Masterplan, which is in fact brilliant, but (and i hope noone mentioned this already) but the Oasis B-side 'Let's All Make Believe' is awesome....

Also Arctic Monkeys have cool B-side/unreleased songs...look for em...

Axver said:
Someone posted a photo of the original printed Madrid set and it had Spanish Eyes rather than Yahweh between ABOY and Vertigo x2. Guess what U2 played. :madspit:

Alwaysss pain while listening to this songgggg. :barf:

I'll tell you who has great b-sides (besides U2)

Blur! Especially their later stuff. Listen to "All We Ever Want", "French Song" and "Bustin' and Dronin". Coolness to the extreme.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom