Bands that should cover U2 songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bands that should cover U2 songs?

J_NP said:

Of course not ..... Why so many good bands , and just coz some peopl like them , they should try Fly ..... :tsk: If they really wanted to do a cover , go for Wake Up Dead man .......

In their defense , then , ya know why , coz it doesn't fit , Fly is like completely not their thing ..... Hope you understand what I mean

But now seriously , what would be next .... Bullet the Blue Sky
:eyebrow:

It is just sounded like you only think of Radiohead as doing whiny acoustic songs when they have some very aggressive guitar work throughout their catalog. I still think Just and The Fly are comparable.

Not whiny , but the fame I get of RH , which nobody seems to deny , is most of their work are depressin songs .... like that line some people say , if you want to enjoy a good rainy mood day , when u're feeling down , pass all the day listenin this band.....

Like I said no offense , but I think I would feel sick playin Fly , knowin the band of that song Fake Plastic , covered it , it would be just :huh: :huh:

J_NP said:

Like I said no offense , but I think I would feel sick playin Fly , knowin the band of that song Fake Plastic , covered it , it would be just :huh: :huh:

I can't imagine U2 playing The Fly because they are the band of that song Stuck in a Moment. :|

bsp77 said:

I can't imagine U2 playing The Fly because they are the band of that song Stuck in a Moment. :|

Then be glad they wrote it ....... Besides curiosity ...... Edge used to play Fly with a stratocaster , and played Stuck with a strat :wink: ......

Besides Stuck is not a song about depression , neither whiny thing .....

And just to close this thing ..... I can't imagine Fly bein played by other than Edge :wink:

J_NP said:

And just to close this thing ..... I can't imagine Fly bein played by other than Edge :wink:

That's fair.

I just don't think Radiohead should be judged based on one song and neither should U2.

I think Coldplay could do a great version of Ultraviolet. Imagine Chris Martin singing the chorus. Come to think of it Chris Martin could sing alot of the songs in the encore of ZooTV. He sort of has that Mirrorball Man/MacPhisto feel to his voice.

If you think Radiohead can't handle The Fly then you know very little about Radiohead. The band that did "Fake Plastic Trees" has been dead for a decade. Even when it came out it was not exactly indicitive of their sound...

I always thought Bullet the Blue Sky would be a perfect fit for Rage Against the Machine. It's like that song was written FOR them. Alas, they broke up, but I can dream.

Lemonfix said:
If you think Radiohead can't handle The Fly then you know very little about Radiohead. The band that did "Fake Plastic Trees" has been dead for a decade. Even when it came out it was not exactly indicitive of their sound...

Radiohead's one of my favorite bands, and I think musically they can sure as hell handle The Fly, but do you really think Thom Yorke can sing a credible version?

Please we made this discussion done this evenin , don't come up again ......

Just leave it fly being played by Edge , no one is complaining .....

And I can still sleep well , and play it without gettin a :huh: :reject:

J_NP said:
Please we made this discussion done this evenin , don't come up again ......

Just leave it fly being played by Edge , no one is complaining .....

And I can still sleep well , and play it without gettin a :huh: :reject:

I just read that, sorry.

I should've just quoted Xavi, lol.

Talking bout Coldplay, one song it would fit I think , and to be honest I'd like indeed to see them perfoming is Sort of Homecoming ...... Martin has said over and over is his favorite , said he sings a lot for his children ........ And imagine it could actually work , Most of Edge's riff , specially the intro could be done only on the piano , then the band could walk in ......

I wonder specially if Martin would be able to carry all the "Tonites !" or "Just a Scream !" .....

BTW if anyone feels like rejectin this idea of mine , such as I wasn't comfortable with this last discussion ....... , Feel free to do it ;)

J_NP said:
Talking bout Coldplay, one song it would fit I think , and to be honest I'd like indeed to see them perfoming is Sort of Homecoming ...... Martin has said over and over is his favorite , said he sings a lot for his children ........ And imagine it could actually work , Most of Edge's riff , specially the intro could be done only on the piano , then the band could walk in ......

I wonder specially if Martin would be able to carry all the "Tonites !" or "Just a Scream !" .....

BTW if anyone feels like rejectin this idea of mine , such as I wasn't comfortable with this last discussion ....... , Feel free to do it ;)

Yeah, I think he'd mangle this song at any signs of passion in the song / the "tonight" and "just a scream" parts in particular.

U2girl mentioned Sweetest Thing, it has a piano, and since Chris Martin invented pianos he'd be comfortable with that.

LemonMacPhisto said:

U2girl mentioned Sweetest Thing, it has a piano, and since Chris Martin invented pianos he'd be comfortable with that.

:lmao:

agree on Rage doing a cover of Bullet, that would be SWEET, whenever I listen to BTBS I get the urge to listen to RATM, or visa versa :wink: :sigh: if only...

Thought of a new one...

Audioslave should cover "Love And Peace Or Else"

Cornell's vocals, Morello's guitar... man that would be AWESOME

I think Ministry could do a mean rendition of "Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car". Henry Rollins could do a screamo version of "Numb." Try to imagine "Discoteque" being sung by a boy band....

The Vertigo Openers present:
I Fall Down - The Killers (did they open?)
Zooropa - Muse
October - Keane
Electric Co - The Bravery (already done, of course)
Party Girl - Kaiser Chiefs
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart - Franz Ferdinand (as mentioned before)
Numb - Kanye West
Stay - Dashboard Confessional
The Fly - Institute
Until The End of the World - Pearl Jam

I heard this band called Hawk Nelson (big Christian band) play tonight, and they did a snippet of With or Without You during a song, and it was pretty darn good...they should cover the whole song, it would rock!

LemonMacPhisto said:

Now that I think of it, I think Pearl Jam would do a bitching cover of "Please"

Ahh man, that would be awesome. I also love the idea of them taking on UTEOTW. Pearl Jam covering U2 (even with short snippets like "A Sort of Homecoming") = :drool:

At a recent concert, a chick-fronted band called Flyleaf did a cover of "Pride" featuring Richard Patrick of Filter doing guest vocals.

They fucking nailed it.

Back
Top Bottom