Band Relations: any hot gossip!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
Yeah....U2 have been together since they were kids. Over this time a healthy relationship between the guys seems to have developed. On the surface all seems relatively heathly.

But really...do you think they all get along that great? Who do you think gets along the best? Who do you think makes sparks fly?

I read somewhere Edge and Larry have the weakest band relations...I dont know if its true...

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

adam thinks edge's cooking is terrible. it's causing a lot of problems.

------------------
november 12th 1955

Adam gets mad when Larry borrows his skirts without asking.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

They're all scared of Bono....

and his relationship with the Pope. Hoepfully, His Holiness hasn't told the Big Man about Adam's pot thing back in the '80s.

i cant really comment on the remark made about Edge and Larry's relationship being the weakest of all the band members...but looking back i dont think i have ever seen them interviewed as a pair like we have everyone else! Kinda makes you think....

I once read somewhere that Edge has decked Bono before--that's kinda funny...

------------------
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

I bet Bono pisses them off a lot! lol, But I think they are just as Nicamom said. Good friends.
Larry seems like the type to get in a snitch from time to time. I'd say Bono is probably the closest with everyone.
I was watching 'The Making of The Joshua Tree' again yesterday and there is this part where Adam comments on Edge coming up with 'Streets' and how 'at the time he didn't appreciate the amount of time and effort Edge put into the song.' He says 'All I saw was it was a way to fuck the band over'. Or something to that effect.
I think the reason they get on so well is the fact that they are not afraid to call eachother wankers or what have you. I bet the argue like the best of them, but they all seem to really care for and respect eachother so at the end of the day, it's some pints of guinness and four old friends.

That's my take.

Like in all relationships they have their argues but they've been together for so long and been through so many tough situations I have a hard time seeing any of them dislike any in the band. As mentioned several times on different occasions, like in U2 @ the end of the world for example, somehow the four of them always enjoy their own company before mingling with others. At the end of the night and the party is over you always find the four of them sitting in a corner having fun together.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

I read somewhere recently during the early AB sessions a rift developed in the band. Bono and Edge on one side, Larry and Adam on the other. It was when the band were working in Germany and it almost broke them up apparently until Brian Eno came over and sorted the shit out! Bono and Larry had major issues in this time about the creative path the band was taking. Bono accused Larry of not even changing his hair style in 20 years!! wow...thats gotta hurt!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Back
Top Bottom