Band Aid 20 Documentaries DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enajh2

Refugee
I'm just posting to let everyone know that I have the following ready to send to someone with a fast connection, or at least faster than mine, who can seed a torrent of this...

bandaid20menucapture.jpg

This is sourced from my own DVD captures @ 8Mbps that I previously uploaded to Yousendit in VCD form.

The DVD is 3.00Gb and contains the two 1 hour documentaries in full.

Here is an clip of the menu with audio that I've ripped and edited from the 2nd program :wink:

band_aid_20_dvd_menu.wmv 1.73Mb

:)

Last edited:
I used this pic as a background to begin with but on my tv it just didn't look right..

bandaid20DVDsample4.jpg

I could use the Band Aid 20 single cover image instead but to be honest this has just as much impact as the one I've used from the program titles

:|

What upset me was reading yesterday that the US Air Force have paid for the Boeing rocket to be put into space with a dummy payload at almost identical cost to all the money raised by Live Aid!! :mad: :no:

"The United States Air Force, which is depending on the rockets to deliver critical national security payloads, stepped in to pay $141m for a demonstration flight."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4087067.stm

Last edited:
copy the link into your url bar and replace the _mp3 with DOT mp3

cept don't spell out DOT you know put the actual dot. I guess we can't link any mp3 files anymore since it automatically replaces the dot with a slash.

Last edited:
I cant believe Band Aid would use a photo exploiting someone like that! Thats just disgusting. I used to work for Oxfam and there was no way in hell naked exploitation photos were used on anything.

Wow! The standards have gone right down the toilet. :mad:

This has distrubed my morning. :sad:

I have calmed down and returned and reread this thread.

enajh2 created the cover. Im sorry if I sounded a bit harsh but that cover is against the "rules". There are some world aid organisations who also feature this type of explotation. Needless to say those organisations are not respected within the industry.

Its probably too late to change it and Im sure you meant no harm. But just for next time......

peace

Last edited:
I don't find exploitive. I like the photo on an artistic level and also on the level of reality it depicts. It's a harsh picture, and it's real. The faceless starving child staring into a vast desert of emptiness.

david said:
I don't find exploitive. I like the photo on an artistic level and also on the level of reality it depicts. It's a harsh picture, and it's real. The faceless starving child staring into a vast desert of emptiness.

You might not find it offensive but exploiting someones rights to make a buck is not done. Yes the money is going to a good cause but that doesnt make it right. People of all nations should be treated with the same level of dignity and respect.

Seriously, this cover looks like something WorldVision would do :mad:

Ill stop ranting now.

No its not the selling point. And this is actually enajh2s own DVD, I keep forgetting that.

This type of photography has been condemned in the industry for decades as it is used to make a buck. People will react to seeing a tragic naked "flys in the eyes" photo much more readily than a less pathetic looking shot. Its human nature I guess.

I dont work at Oxfam anymore otherwise I would dig up the rules for this kind of thing. I cant recall if it was a UN rule, or a standard practice.

Im sure the old Red Cross rules are probably on the web somewhere, eg during times of war dont shoot a parachutist when hes in the air cause he doesnt have a fair chance of defending himself, etc. Its a dignity and respect thing.

I've only just come back to this thread and was surprised to find I've caused something of a stir!

This is wholly unintentional especially since the image is a direct capture from the opening credits of the programme, about a minute in!! :ohmy:

This is NOT an official DVD in any way, shape or form, nor endorsed by the BBC etc etc. Just a home recorded (free) DVD bootleg of the documentaries to share with all the good folks here :)

If my menu has been confused with something professional looking then I take this as a compliment! :D

Alan

ps. If I can find a more appropriate picture tomorrow, then I can change it with little hassle ;)

david said:
copy the link into your url bar and replace the _mp3 with DOT mp3

cept don't spell out DOT you know put the actual dot.

Hehe. Cheers David, I did that, but all I got was a pop-up "alert" that said it couldn't be found.

Didn't really know where else to put this but interesting. I know this is the US version but you've got a couple things here that Bono is drawn to
1. Quincy Jones
2. Africa
3. Jay-Z (when did this happen)
4. Post Grammy event

"We Are The World" Set To Be Remade

Live Aid 20 has spawned a monster. Producer gnome extrordinaire Jermaine Dupri is set to revamp the charity single "We Are The World", in this the 20th Anniversary year, at a post-Grammy Awards party. Dupri says, "It's called 'We Are The Future'. Quincy Jones called me, he asked me to do it. We're just gonna make it something extravagant". A host of new marginal acts who didn't perform on the original USA For Africa single 20 years ago will take time out of their Grammy night celebrations to sing for him on February 13 in the same studios where the original charity single was recorded in 1985.

Adding, "We gonna try to re-create, follow in the footsteps of those who made a big record before, like Michael Jackson, Quincy and Lionel Richie. Hopefully Usher will be there, Kanye West, Jay-Z, all the bigwigs. We want to do what they did way back when. I'm looking forward to that." I can't wait to hear all the soulful vocal gymnastics going on this one. It was not noted where the funds raised will go, but hopefully they will find a worthy cause.

From the tripwire.com

@enajh2

heres an idea send me a copy of the DVD
and i will torrent it..
im in the uk too
ive never put a torrent up but
theres always a first time as i want
to start to get into uploading stuff
and sharing it espec DVDs

im working on HTDAAB DVD all promo/live stuff from 2004
including mtv jammed everything that has been on tv this year
not sure when it will be ready cause i have the problem of