'Bananaphone' vs How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VOTE OR DIE!!!!

• Bananaphone

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
If a moderator would like to edit this first post and add a poll, please be my guest :)

ClashOfTheTitans.png

Bananaphone
http://www.transbuddha.com/osaka/osakaphone.swf

Artist
Raffi

Tracks

Amazon.com user rating
* * * * 1/2 stars

Memorable lyrics
It grows in bunches
I've got my hunches
It's the best
Beats the rest
Cellular, modular, interactiv-odular

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
(You own this)

Artist
U2

Tracks

Amazon.com user rating
* * * stars

Memorable lyrics
Lay your love on the track
We're gonna break the monster's back
Ahhahhhhahhh
Eh eh

Ohh ohh ohh ohhh ohhhhh
Ohh ohh ohh ohhh ohhhhh

Last edited:
This is, by far, the best poll yet.

God, I'm so torn.

I mean, look at Bono's lyrics!
Ahhahhhhahhh
Eh eh
Ohh ohh ohh ohhh ohhhhh
Ohh ohh ohh ohhh ohhhhh

That is genius, right there.

BOMB! :wink:

:lmao:

Bananaphone wins by a landslide!!! I'll vote for anything BUT teh Bomb!!! It is the worst album ever!! :madspit:

:| :wink:

The really frightening thing is from the lyrics you chose from each album, it is pretty much a toss up.... :ohmy:

You forgot this other poignant verse...

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeahhhh!!!

hay guyZ, wut iz goin on in diz topiX??/?

Topic=So hard to choose!

I really love raffis early work. but after The Singable Songs Collection, he really started to get a little too experimental. Raffi's Box of Sunshine was a letdown. Hopefully he can make a comeback. BananaPhone on the other hand is an instant classic. The Joshua Tree of Raffi's career, so it gets my vote

-votes-

catlhere said:
I really love raffis early work. but after The Singable Songs Collection, he really started to get a little too experimental. Raffi's Box of Sunshine was a letdown. Hopefully he can make a comeback. BananaPhone on the other hand is an instant classic.

I hope you're not serious but making this up! :shifty:

What's Raffi's Sgt. Peppers? His Achtung Baby... if you will?

Zootlesque said:

I hope you're not serious but making this up! :shifty:

What's Raffi's Sgt. Peppers? His Achtung Baby... if you will?

I think Radio Raffi was somewhat his Zooropa. He never really came back after that. Before that album it looked like he was heading a competely different way though with Everything Grows. It's kind of like his Pop, with one song even being a very close match to a U2 song. "Mary Wore Her Red Dress" I think he showed his musical range from going from "Shake a Toe" to "Bathtime" I mean when I first popped in the CD i was like :hyper: omg I love Raffi's new musical style!

Zootlesque said:
You forgot this other poignant verse...

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeahhhh!!!

Yeah!

The only thing that might make the lyrics noted above better is perhaps they could use an "oh" and a couple of "baby's." That would just flesh it out just a touch. :yes:

No kidding - Raffi's "Baby Beluga" and "Five Little Ducks" hold a very special place in my heart. Don't ever ask me to choose between "Baby Beluga" and my favorite U2 song. I think Raffi might take it. (And God help me, he's Canadian.)

Hard choice.

But I think I'm going to have to go with Bananaphone because...

I want a bananaphone much more than want to learn how to dismantle an atomic bomb.
Raffi :drool: brilliant musician :up:

Knuckle said:
No kidding - Raffi's "Baby Beluga" and "Five Little Ducks" hold a very special place in my heart. Don't ever ask me to choose between "Baby Beluga" and my favorite U2 song. I think Raffi might take it. (And God help me, he's Canadian.)
Baby Beluga! :love:

All kidding aside, I loved that song when I was a kid. :heart: RAFFI U DA MAN!

Are you kidding me? You can't compete with lyrics like "Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head." You just can't.

Though, we all know Bono's far past his lyrical prime. Honestly. I just don't see any breathtaking lyrics like "baby, baby, baby...light my way" in the near future. Nor anything like this mastery of "Hey hey sha la la, Hey hey sha la la."

It's kind of sad really. :sad:

But, despite all this, Bananaphone is a lyrical masterwork, and it must be given its proper respect. :bow:

To be truly honest with you all (since I'm sure that's what you all want of me), I haven't even heard Raffi's album. I am, however, quite familiar with the song Bananaphone, and I must say that is one masterful piece of work. I even drew my own banana phone (that is, a phone on the wall with a banana attached to the cord, instead of the receiver) for art class once (I also made a post-it note on the wall that said "WATCH MORE TV". Basically the two best things ever.) So, I mean, HTDAAB might be my 5th favourite U2 album, but I think the song Bananaphone alone is better than the entire album.

Just don't ask me to choose between Bananaphone and Pop. Oh, you wouldn't do that to me, would you?! Boom cha or ring ring ring?! How would I ever decide? Don't ask this of me!!!

well...

let me put it to you this way: back before i moved, my stoner neighbour who lived in my building had like 10 versions of bananaphone - all by raffi! how many songs off htdaab did he have? zero!

so bananaphone it is!

Knuckle said:

:no:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom