bad from popmart santiago '98

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I really like the Popmart versions of Bad they were interesting, they seemed to retool it slightly, the sequencer had a different feel, so did edges solo's, plus Bono sang it very well considering this tour is always felt to be a real low point for his vocals. Overall Santiago 98 is a much better show than Mexico 98 and I still don't understand why they chose to release that concert instead, it doesn't show the band off at their best at all, particuarly Bono. Sydney 98 and Tokyo 98 also include great versions of Bad

I love how they retooled some of the songs for the popmart tour

I like how they" techno...ed" songs like bad and where the streets have no name:drool:

U2Man said:
yes, popmart santiago should have been released instead of mexico.

Santiago was a great show , but Mexico had those One , All I want is you , LNOE , Mofo , I will follow

Only these perfomances made the whole decision great

great version of streets...

i can't get over that popmart screen. it's gorgeous and ridiculous all at the same time.

gah, then i watched mothers of the disappeared...

you all owe yourselves the opportunity to watch this stuff.

unbelievably beautiful...

mothers of the disappeared alone is a good enough reason as to why santiago and not mexico should have been released.

U2Man said:
mothers of the disappeared alone is a good enough reason as to why santiago and not mexico should have been released.

The end of AIWIY in Mexico's Video made me wonder , Holy Shit this must've been the best show of Popmart

The PoPMart tour was just great all around and had a lot of highlights....especially from the latin american and european shows...

thanks for the link. this version of BAD is pure emotion. its majestic. btw CHILE is one of the best places i've ever been from the deserts in north to the ice in the deep south...CHILE rocks :rockon:

Last edited:
U2One said:
The PoPMart tour was just great all around and had a lot of highlights....especially from the latin american and european shows...

:yes: Exactly

More proof that Bono should never, ever wear his sunglasses when singing live. I can't believe the difference it makes when he takes them off midway through the song. It's the tiniest thing, but it looks like two different performances.

what the hell difference does it make on his voice whether or not he's wearing glasses or not?

that's absurd.

Jesus Christ :huh: People are really smokin heavy shit around here

Color me crazy, but I didn't think that performance was nearly as good as some of the other versions of Bad out there. It was ... okay.

But I love those pro-shot Popmart shows, nonetheless.

Zoomerang96 said:
what the hell difference does it make on his voice whether or not he's wearing glasses or not?

that's absurd.

"but it LOOKS like two different performances."

(I capped the appropriate word)

Zoomerang96 said:

that's absurd.

Had I said that taking off the glasses made his singing better, then yes, it would be absurd. Had you actually read what I wrote, you'd notice I said that it looks like two different performances. I don't think it's so weird to want to see a performer's eyes clearly when they're emoting such a heavy song.

J_NP: I smoke only when I'm on fire. :wink:

Edit: Thanks, toscano. Looks like we posted at the same time.

Last edited:
alright

i thought you actually meant the singing was somehow different.

nevermind then

Back
Top Bottom