Bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's see if I can pump some life back into the topic...

So, do you guys prefer the quiet guitar intro from the album, or the keyboard intro from the live shows? I have to admit that when I first heard the key intro from Wide Awake in America, I cringed hard. :barf: I thought it sounded so cheesy. But now, NOTHING beats hearing those keyboard chimes at concerts now that Bad is performed so rarely. Even though Bono can't still hit the high notes consistently, it is a rare treat to hear it live. The keyboard chimes that I once hated now bring exhiliration, and I've been fortunate to hear them two of the three shows I've seen on the last two tours. :rockon:

So I'm going to opt for the keyboard intro.

Posting a thread stating "It's just incredible." about Bad is like posting a thread saying you need oxygen.

It's just fact, baby :drool:

And I believe they're just electronic backing bloops or MIDI or something, not a keyboard.

Still, I love how U2 uses the synth for that kinda stuff, the backing on Bad, the jingley backing on WOWY, etc.

agentorange said:
Let's see if I can pump some life back into the topic...

So, do you guys prefer the quiet guitar intro from the album, or the keyboard intro from the live shows? I have to admit that when I first heard the key intro from Wide Awake in America, I cringed hard. :barf: I thought it sounded so cheesy. But now, NOTHING beats hearing those keyboard chimes at concerts now that Bad is performed so rarely. Even though Bono can't still hit the high notes consistently, it is a rare treat to hear it live. The keyboard chimes that I once hated now bring exhiliration, and I've been fortunate to hear them two of the three shows I've seen on the last two tours. :rockon:

So I'm going to opt for the keyboard intro.

Same here. Used to hate it, now I love it.

Harry Vest said:
I question anyone who at first listen hated this song. Seriously, are you kidding us???

if you're talking about me, I was referring to the backing loop, not the song. I've always liked the song.

Harry Vest said:
I question anyone who at first listen hated this song. Seriously, are you kidding us???

No, just hated the key intro of the live version after having grown to defensively love the album version. Same goes for the WAIA version of A Sort of Homecoming, which utterly sucks.

MrBrau1 said:
It is "The" U2 song. Songs like this seperate U2 from everyone else.

I couldn't have said it better. It's simply quintessential.

My favorite would have to be the Zoo TV versions where Bono would sing the "I'm wide awake" lines in his glorious falsetto. :drool:

Lancemc said:

I couldn't have said it better. It's simply quintessential.

My favorite would have to be the Zoo TV versions where Bono would sing the "I'm wide awake" lines in his glorious falsetto. :drool:

those versions are quite brilliant, and I love it when he snippets Walk On the Wild Side. I think my second favourite performance of that song that I've heard (first being Chicago 5/7/05) is 8/23/92. The JT/Lovetown versions were excellent too... before that I don't care for Bono's voice as much, his deeper voice is better suited to the song.

sucks that it doesn't get much play on the tour.........but to be honest, it's a small cub compared to the arena rock lions on this tour.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom