backstage passes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tawanda

The Fly
A woman I work with won a backstage pass to a Metallica concert tonight. She compares her excitement to what I would feel if I got backstage with U2! Could you imagine!? Has it or does it ever happen?

I asked her how she did it and she said she got it by somehow belonging to a fanclub.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

i think you can try tour promotors , radio stations who sponser the gigs or prehaps even the Venue staff in advance to the show of course...

it would certainally be awsome!

Getting backstage for a U2 concert is one of the most impossible things to do for any band out there. Because of the superstar quotient (band, celebrities), family, personal friends, journalists, what have you -- the chances of being a regular fan and getting backstage are pretty much slim.

Contacting tour promoters, the venue or radio stations won't help you to meet U2 - it's who you know - and for the truly superfamous - you really have to be in the know, or a member of the press.

From my experience backstage at a lot of shows ('cause I worked at the shows), it is not the most exciting thing. Being backstage doesn't mean you're going to hang with the band, just allows you to walk in, around the stage area. If you're wanting to meet the band, you will have better luck just waiting outside the venue before soundcheck.

I think the traditional understanding of what it means to be "backstage" for fans is effectively "being in the dressing rooms" - that is just not possible for a regular U2 fan. But you're right - in and around the stage is reserved for crew members, and then journos and maybe some friends/celebs milling about.

The band's after show party is also a hot ticket, but again, you have to really be in the know.

HelloAngel said:

For most bands, but U2 doesn't work that way, other than their supermodel friends.

HelloAngel...I know, I was just being goofy. I wasn't trying in any way to insinuate that any members of the band behaves like anything other than professionals. I'm sorry if I made you doubt!

Or lucky AND attractive ;-)

u2pass.jpg

GrammyPass.jpg

:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom