Back stage MSG Saturday . To funny . Who do you think was smoken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want to get in a big debate about pot or else I'll have to move this thread.. but people that have never tried it or whatever are like.. '' ohh pot is drugs, bad.. its scary, its going to make me act all crazy.. etc.. '' Not true with pot. True with harder drugs definately.

*sigh.. in fact I dont even consider pot a drug. It's an herb, it grows from the ground, has not been proven to be addicting, and cant kill you, unlike alcohol. And it does serve medicinal purposes.

To each his own basically, is what I'm saying. And if U2 wants to hit a joint every now and then, which I'm more than sure they do, that's fine by me. At least they're not doing coke or herioin.

Sicy, I think you already turned this into a debate about pot.

Morphine also serves for medicinal purposes. And yet, it is a dangerous drug.

Originally posted by U2girl:

Call me old-fashioned, but i would be highly dissapointed if U2 members did it.

i think you will find yourselves disappointed in a fair number of people in your life. successful individuals have been known to smoke up...it's really not that big of a deal.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Originally posted by U2@NYC:
Sicy, I think you already turned this into a debate about pot.

I just added my two cents.. you guys started it.

tongue.gif

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
U2girl > I'd like to see any stats you might know about concerning how many deaths are reported each year from smoking marijuana alone. Of course it's not for everyone, but I don't understand why people get so freaked out about it.

Also, my best friend is dying of cancer. The meds they put him on were killing him faster. Now he's off the meds and using marijuana for pain and is doing much better.

But hey, I have no attachment to convincing anybody of anything. To each his own.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 10-31-2001).]

There are no statistics about marijuana related deaths to be found and you know it. But does that necessarily mean no one ACTUALLY died?

Also, i was talking about drugs in general, not just marijuana.
Why people get freaked? Because it's addictive, and it does horrible things to your mind/brain, and to your internal organs, and it CAN kill you-both your body and your psyche. (again, this is general about drugs)

I have heard marijuana can ease pain for ill people (like in your friend's case). I guess that can be a "pro" reason for it.
And, wine in moderate measures (a glass or two a day) IS good for your health-particularly red wine - for prevention of coronary diseases.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-31-2001).]

Originally posted by Deathbear's Fly Girl:
I dont want to get in a big debate about pot or else I'll have to move this thread.. but people that have never tried it or whatever are like.. '' ohh pot is drugs, bad.. its scary, its going to make me act all crazy.. etc.. '' Not true with pot. True with harder drugs definately.

*sigh.. in fact I dont even consider pot a drug. It's an herb, it grows from the ground, has not been proven to be addicting, and cant kill you, unlike alcohol. And it does serve medicinal purposes.

To each his own basically, is what I'm saying. And if U2 wants to hit a joint every now and then, which I'm more than sure they do, that's fine by me. At least they're not doing coke or herioin.

I don't believe what you said in the first paragraph. One of the reasons drugs scare me IS the fact you don't control yourself. And i don't ever want to find out what would happen to my personality or my psyche if i ever tried. Absolutely no intention and no desire.

Like i said in my upper post, i admit marijuana can be used for easing the pain in some medical cases. I don't believe it is not addicting.

Another reason to be against drugs is the addiction tends to increase crime-stealing etc... because people addicted to drugs spend all their money on it.

As for your last paragraph: "U2 hits a joint"? My ass they do. Come on, they are on tour, plus 3 of them have families. Do you really think they'd do it?
However, they probably drink alcohol. And nothing excessive, excluding Adam's problems a few years ago.

"At least they're not doing coke or heroin". No comment to that one.

this thread has been moved to "Free Your Mind"

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom