BACK MASK (AKA SICK FOR LOVE) - Salome Outtakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chucky28

The Fly
Am I the only one who is hooked on this great demo from the AB era? :drool: IMO, it had a lot of potential but it's a great hidden gem even if it didnt reach it's full potential!

there was awhile there where I just kept playing it over and over and over and over and over....

they say some of it became So Cruel...

and you can hear that in the last fading line..

but.. damn. first time I heard it was like I'd been hit with a board. Couldn't move, couldn't breathe, from the emotion being created there.. just sat there wide eyed for about 20 minutes after.

wolfeden said:

but.. damn. first time I heard it was like I'd been hit with a board. Couldn't move, couldn't breathe, from the emotion being created there.. just sat there wide eyed for about 20 minutes after.

I hear you! I think it's the best U2 song that's never been on an album...by far. I especially like the organ sound that we hear in the background while Bono is singning. :drool:

Thanks jami.

Boy, I need to get around to getting to the full Salome Outtakes. I have a couple others and I just love them.

Black Mask is a really, really good song. I really wish that they had worked on it more and put it on a record, maybe Zooropa. The Edge once said something like that since people bootlegged their outtakes now there were songs that they would never be able to revisit because it was already there, even if it was in an early format. Maybe this would be one of the songs that they would revisit if those bootlegs didn't existed. Too bad. :(

File Transfer: Expired

Your file has expired.
Unfortunately your file has expired. A link is valid for 7 days or 25 downloads, whichever occurs first. Once the link expires, the file is automatically deleted and cannot be recovered.

:(

TheBrazilianFly said:
Black Mask is a really, really good song. I really wish that they had worked on it more and put it on a record, maybe Zooropa. The Edge once said something like that since people bootlegged their outtakes now there were songs that they would never be able to revisit because it was already there, even if it was in an early format. Maybe this would be one of the songs that they would revisit if those bootlegs didn't existed. Too bad. :(

Even in an unfinished format, it is still a great song to listen to and certainly one of my favorites..."Mercy" has the same kind of emotional and passionate atmosphere.

sounds like it would have fit on passengers.

but at the same time it also sounds incredibly like this 60's 70's singer i can't think of at the moment that's popular, but i really can't think of his name.

If I emailed somone a link I would not be too upset or anything if it got posted here.
whistle.gif

Black Mask--is that the one where Bono sings, "She's laughing in the face of your face?" I always loved that.

Okay song, not nearly one of the best of the Salome Sessions in my book.

I much prefer:

Heaven and Hell
Where Did It All Go Wrong
I Feel Free
Jitterbug Baby

and most of all...

The original Wake Up Dead Man :drool:

Back
Top Bottom