Babes, Buffaloes, or Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babes, Buffaloes, or Bono?

• Babes

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • Buffaloes

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Bono

Votes: 33 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yimou

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I am making this poll for Miss Becky, because she can´t make one herself.

Which One video do you prefer?

Last edited:
Thanks yimou! :hug:

My own vote goes to Bono. I love the Berlin version, but for sheer viewing pleasure, I have to go with Bono in a bar.

I love the Buffalo one for its simplicity. Really makes me hear the song.

But my favourite would probably have to be the Berlin version.

I like the Berlin version for aesthetical reasons, but Bono in the bar is my favorite

i love the buffalo version. as martina said, it's simple and poignant.

not that i don't love the other two versions--all three are great.

Bono, but just by a hair. I love each version of the video a good deal, but this once is able to rise above and take the cake. Still, I can't stress enough how cool each video is--I love the daring in the Corbijn video, especially.

The Buffalo version is the best. It is very simple yet similtaniously very profound. We all know how many different meanings there are to the song, but one of the most common is the 'brotherhood of man' theme, we are all one in this world, but we are not the same. The herds of buffalo running throughout the video, they all look exactly the same on the outside. The buffalo are a metaphor for humans, except the outside of the buffalo is the inside of us, the humans. We are all the same on the inside, and no matter how different we are on the outside, on the inside, we are a herd of buffalo running through the field of life.

I also love the Berlin video, not for the drag or the trabants, but for the scenes of the band in almost black and white playing in a circle. In fact, if that were the whole video instead of the drag, it might be my favorite of the three. But alas, it isn't, and so the Buffalo is my favorite.

Last edited:
I absolutely love all 3 versions, but I'd probably have to pick Anton's version as my favorite. It's definitely amusing seeing the band in drag. LOL! But seriously, I like the sepia tone, the setting of Berlin and including Bono's dad in the video.

Buffaloes all the way.

Smell the flowers while you can.

(Still kind of pissed it wasn't on the DVD.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom