b-sides of HDaAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onetreehill33

The Fly
I have a list of three but they could be wrong,(read there were four)
wake up
mercy
fast cars
whats the other one?

I really like wake up! :aplaud:

onetreehill33 said:
I have a list of three but they could be wrong,(read there were four)
wake up
mercy
fast cars
whats the other one?

I really like wake up! :aplaud:

What? I'm sorry ...??? Never heard of Wake Up and Mercy!

And Fast Cars is not actually a b-side (depends on definition). Are You Gonna Wait Forever is a b-side.

Last edited:
The ones we know of:

Are You Gonna Wait Forever
Neon Lights
Fast Cars
Mercy (don't know when it will released)

What is Wake up?

Is Mercy confirmed?

I don't see Fast Cars as a b-side, because it will be on some versions of the album. So it's a question of definition. ;) Neon Lights is a cover of Kraftwerk, so I really don't see it as a b-side either. But maybe covers is considered b-sides? I don't know.

Neon Lights and Fast Cars aren't b-sides. Neon Lights was a cover specifically made for the single, and Fast Cars is an a-side on copies of HTDAAB in certain countries. Are You Gonna Wait Forever and Mercy are the two b-sides we know of; I'm not sure where you heard of Wake Up. I'm guessing Mercy will show up on the third single, or whatever is released on their anniversary.

ElectricalVoice said:
Is Mercy confirmed?

I don't see Fast Cars as a b-side, because it will be on some versions of the album. So it's a question of definition. ;) Neon Lights is a cover of Kraftwerk, so I really don't see it as a b-side either. But maybe covers is considered b-sides? I don't know.

Pretty much. Bono has mentioned it as a b-side, and Blender actually previewed it (includes Bono's quote):

"Mercy", a six and a half minute outpouring of U2 at its most uninhibitedly U2-ish...becomes what Bono immediately anoints "the best B-side you’ve ever heard."

ElectricalVoice said:
Thanks gorman... Just what i was thinking.

But Mercy, gorman... that one is confirmed?

Yeah, it's just a matter of when it's going to be released.

Neon Lights is older than the current sessions. It appears to date back to the Best Of sessions when Electrical Storm and Hands That Built... were recorded.

Here is the credits:
Produced by U2 and Richard Rainey. Recorded by Richard Rainey. Assisted by Chris Heaney. Recorded at Hanover Quay, Dublin.

That is identical to the two other previously mentioned songs, besides the exclusion of William Orbit. My guess is that they recorded it to be on the Best Of, or maybe a B-side to Electrical Storm and decided not to release it or whatever.

I've heard people mention anniversary single or whatever, but where did this all come from? And is there any idea when it may come out?

Actually i think that Wake Up is an Axtung Beibi Outtake...you know...the early version of Lady With The Spinning Head...

the anniversary single tidbit came from the press junkets that were done a few weeks ago. Universal reps told the press that the 2nd single was Sometimes... and that the 3rd single was going to be a special release that celebrated U2's 25th anniversary on Island/Interscope/Universal.

Also they remarked something about "don't even ask about what the b-sides are" some people speculated that it might be a re-rrecorded studio version of 11 Oclock tick Tock, or just a remastered version of the old one.

Thanks U2DMfan!

I'd love for them to re-release U2-3 in cd format, completely remastered, or even put those tracks as the bsides.

Well, really I would like to have those rare, vinyl only releases (U2-3, Another Day, 11O'Clock) as remastered cd singles.

keep in mind that was speculation by people on this forum.
But it made sense, because I believe May 2005 is the 25th anniversary of 11 O'Clock.

the list that I posted was from threads I read here, as far as labeling them b-sides sorry about that I just didn't know how else to label them being that they are not on the cd listing, as far as the song wake up I saw that one here and went looking on p2p for the mp3 and found it the file is named "how to dismantle an atomic bomb b-sides wake up pt 1" I am not that savy or I would love to upload it here and let more knowlegable experienced u2'ers have a listen to point me in the right direction.

Remember when Edge told that fan that U2 were re-mixing POP/Zooropa? Perhaps new versions of POP songs are the b-sides...;)

machismo said:
I've heard people mention anniversary single or whatever, but where did this all come from? And is there any idea when it may come out?

Yes, this was mentioned in U2log.com whereas at a listening party for HTDAAB in Australia an Island Records agent discussed the singles to be released for this album. Three singles are confirmed: One in February - touted to be SYCMIOYO, the third in May to commenmorate U2's first single 25 years earlier in 1980, which would be 11 O'Clock Tick Tock...and that my friends will be the B-Side too (11 O'Clock Tick Tock that is).

Mercy may show up this time, or they may hold it for something else completely, who knows?

When did Edge say they were re-recording Zooropa and Pop? Dont re-record Zooropa! That will be the one and probably only thing that will lead me to burn all my U2 albums. Did he just mean they were re-recording some songs for the Best Of (the closest i've come so far to burning my U2 albums was the remix of Discotheque, i was close to tears at the massacre of that one).

Just how did you get a hold of Wake Up?

And how are you sure that it is a B-side for HTDAAB?:eyebrow:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Yes, this was mentioned in U2log.com whereas at a listening party for HTDAAB in Australia an Island Records agent discussed the singles to be released for this album. Three singles are confirmed: One in February - touted to be SYCMIOYO, the third in May to commenmorate U2's first single 25 years earlier in 1980, which would be 11 O'Clock Tick Tock...and that my friends will be the B-Side too (11 O'Clock Tick Tock that is).

Mercy may show up this time, or they may hold it for something else completely, who knows?

are they really thinking of making sycmioyo the second single?

oh, and wake up is old old stuff (achtung outtakes -- like someone else said). either people are getting confused or just hoping it will resurface. but it seems like much of the music for wake up and the "wake up dead man" line has already been used. what other part is there to make a b-side out of?

fullon if you read my post you see that I am questioning, that means i am not sure of anything , kennerado its trying to upload to mail, i am on dial up so please be patient!

as to where i found it, i got it on p2p after seeing here on interference the other day(not sure now where i read but I wrote the name down 'wake up') and like i said i found the file under
"HTDAAB bsides wake up pt1" thats how it was listed there

Back
Top Bottom