b-sides from vertigo - a kraftwerk cover !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bedouin fire

Refugee
From NME.com

U2 have covered electro legends KRAFTWERK on their new single, NME.COM. can reveal.

A cover of the German group’s ‘Neon Lights’ will feature on the single ‘Vertigo’, which is out on November 8.

The track is the first single from the band’s as-yet-untitled 11th album. The song was recorded at Hanover Keys studio in Dublin and produced by Steve Lillywhite.

Other B-sides are new song ‘Are You Gonna Wait Forever?’, and a remix of the title track by Jack Knife Lee. The single will come out on two CDs and DVD single, featuring a video for the song.

Wow. very rare that the NME goes out on a limb without some knowledge. Kraftwerk eh...it's the early 90's U2 all over again...

That'll be cool, we can expect U2.com to tell us the same in a couple of days then eh?! Some actual songs instead of b-sides full of remixies.

Uh, folks, Beautiful Day had TWO original b-sides. This one only has one - with an intriguing title - and a cover and, gasp, a REMIX.

Don't expect too much.

Lo-Fi said:
That'll be cool, we can expect U2.com to tell us the same in a couple of days then eh?! Some actual songs instead of b-sides full of remixies.

No, They just updated it today. Too funny!

From U2.com

U2.Com can exclusively reveal that the band’s new single is called Vertigo and will be released on November 8th.

Vertigo, an epic U2 track with big guitars and soaring vocals, was produced by Steve Lillywhite at the band’s Hanover Quay Studio in Dublin.

The single also features another brand new track, Are You Gonna Wait Forever?, along with a cover of Neon Lights which was originally written and recorded by Kraftwerk, plus a Vertigo remix by Jacknife Lee.

The DVD features all-new shots of the band taken in Lisbon recently by Anton Corbijn - as well as a stunning live performance of Vertigo, shot at the studio and directed by Richie Smyth.

The formats for the new single are as follows:

CD1

1. Vertigo
2. Are You Gonna Wait Forever?

CD2

1. Vertigo
2. Vertigo - Jacknife Lee 10”
3. Neon Lights

DVD

1. Vertigo - HQ video
2. Vertigo - audio with photo gallery
3. Are You Gonna Wait Forever? – audio only
4. Vertigo - Jacknife Lee 10” - Lisbon video

bedouin fire said:
From NME.com

The track is the first single from the band’s as-yet-untitled 11th album. The song was recorded at Hanover Keys...

Is NME infamous for their freakin' typos or what...

<-- lisbon photos, lisbon video...
I am gonna go crazy with this dvd!!!

lisbon + u2 + corbijn = too much

Surely there will be a 'proper' video for Vertigo, rather than a video of them playing in the studio?

VertiGone said:

The formats for the new single are as follows:

CD1

1. Vertigo
2. Are You Gonna Wait Forever?

CD2

1. Vertigo
2. Vertigo - Jacknife Lee 10”
3. Neon Lights

Rat bastards! Now I have to buy TWO singles at fucking IMPORT prices to get a real set of b-sides. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maybe I'm just tired from last night and I'll get over it, but that's a lame thing to do.

BTW what is up with the Jacknife lee Vertigo song? Is this just a remix of Vertigo? She also gets a Libson video? What's going on?? Is Jacknife lee going to be the mix of the officical video? Who the hell is Jacknife lee?????

Why Nov.8 also, they better move this to mid October if they want the single to creat better hype and sell more to casual U2 fans.

might as well wait for the friggin album. Don't imports to NA take longer also?

Jackknife Lee worked with a little on Pop I believe, maybe they liked working with him.

What's all your hope's for the video? I hope it's a stripped back video like The Fly, and not something like Elevation.

ok innocent eyes, your the last one. It takes around 5 mins to send an email with MY 28k CONNECTION!! ArGH its frustrating. Can you guys please send it around amongst yourselves? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom