AYGWF? - All comments here! (NO REQUESTS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoodlem

War Child
Lets start this new thread to discuss this new song. Let's keep all email requests in the previous thread. I doubt this will work but lets try it.

Well, I only listene to it once, but I think it's really great so far. I definitely think it's kind of a grower, but still good!

I kind of think of it as a companion to Always.

I like it because it is a rock song, but it is a little dull overall. I'm glad it wasn't on the album. Also, I hate Bono's scratchy voice at 2:10 - 2:20 part. :|

Good b-side though.

It's a good song and for a b-side, it's a really good song! Edge's guitar is present! I like it!

yeah. i'm glad it's not on the album. but it's a good song, has a very happy feel. i can picture this being a great driving song!

Classic b-side-u2!!!! This does sound like something out of the Salome tapes! I'm liking it very much. Only 2 more weeks!!!!!!

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah YEAH!!!!

A little too repetitive for me, both lyrics and tone.

The breakdown at 2:23 reminds me of Wild Horses!

Again, I think the intro sounds like Jimmy Hendrix's Foxy Lady and the guitar sounds like Smells like Teen spirit.

But hey - I'm not complaining!

It's ok. Not mind-blowing, definetly one of their worst b-sides, especially if you compare it to Lady With The Spinning Head and Summer Rain. It's ok.

I've heard it twice.
Thoughts:
Quality wise I actually like it better than three of the songs on the last album.
That said it lacks punch. The fact they tossed it makes me pretty hopeful for the new album...

Good B side overall - Edge's guitar is too good for this track
chorus repetative, but overall not bad.

Bring on the Bomb!!!!

tkramer said:
The fact they tossed it makes me pretty hopeful for the new album...

I agree. I am always keen to hear the B-sides before an album's release. It lets me know what to expect in a way. Not quite as good as Always in some repects, but shines for its rawness and Evil Edge dominance.

Maybe it's a grower, but I can't say I like. The bridge reminds me too much of Wild Horses, and the song just repeats itself too much.

I fucking love the fact that it starts with a rocking riff!!!! It's exactly what they need to make in my opinion! :hyper: And I really like Larry's drumming on the chorus!!! :evil: We need more of that kind of rock 'n roll feeling from U2!!!! :up: :up: :up: However Bono's singing is a bit too poppy. Still the song fucking rocks and that's GREAT!!!!!! :yes:

All the obstacles in my way, now
Are disappearing every day, now
I'm getting closer
We're getting closer to home
It won't be long until the summer comes

Are you gonna wait forever?

Getting out from under my bed, now
I'm going to say the things I should have said, now
Getting closer
Getting closer to what's true
Gonna find myself in you

There's no one there behind their eyes
They're in the business, beautiful lies
We'll keep the promise
'Cause we don't know how to break it
The furniture you can rearrange
Don't trade your dreams for some small change
Guard the flame, or better leave it naked

How?
How, how long, how long?
Or is it now, now, now?
Or is it now?

This is just a b-side, but WOW!

It's very throwaway, but it's so much a fun song. I would rank it up there with some of their better b-sides, just because Edge kicks major butt!!

Very cool riff, and if the Album is going to have sounds like this, we'll be in very good shape.

Since everyone wants to know about sounds and where to classify.

I would put this somewhere in the 90's sound. The guitar is very groovy, the bass and drums are up-beat and Bono's just wailing away.

Again, this is a b-side, but it's still a great rocking tune.

pretty sweet for a bside

i really love the opening

and i love the breakdown in the middle

good tune :up:

from all teh describtions, it's sounding like it might be alot like Where Did it All Go Wrong. Would this be fair?

Solid b-side, the intro is the coolest part. I wonder if like "Always" this song was the starting point for a stronger album track.:hmm:

hola! now that Are You Gonna Wait is out in all its glorious ringing tones, it reminded me a little bit of this tune I have.
It seems to be an outtake called Novelty Act from late 90s sessions for All That... well it sounds similar in the ringing guitar in the chorus at least..
I've put up a clip here:
http://http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=973364A3AD5E0ED5B2AC8034061E4EB8

what do you think, what period does this suit best with?

cheers!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom