AYGWF? - All comments here! (NO REQUESTS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I should have posted in this thread...

I think it's great as it is. The more I listen, the more I love it. If this couldn't make the album, what did??? Of course, they may have thought it may not fit, but I could definitely see it fitting in on an album with Vertigo and ABOY.

I agree it's a bit raw, but all it would take a little more production, and it would fit right in, IMHO.

Either way, it makes me even more excited about the album.

Alright, I'm in LOVE with this song right now. I haven't felt like this about a U2 b-side since 'Lady With The Spinning Head'. Edge's guitar is ringing and Bono's voice is lingering in those ringing notes.

...It won't be long, until the summer comes...

Beautiful.

U2Soar,

It does have a sound that comes from ATYCLB, but I don't think the song would really fit onto that album for the same reason 'Always' wouldn't: it's not finished. It's not structured enough for ATYCLB. It does have a verse and chorus, but musically it's very free (which is how I like U2 to be actually). If it were polished up a bit, it could fit next to a song like 'Wild Honey' though. I think it could have replaced 'Peace on Earth'. Actually, I think 'Stateless' should have replaced 'Peace on Earth' and then followed by a finished version of 'Are You Gonna Wait...'. Now that would have made ATYCLB a classic!

Michael Griffiths said:
U2Soar,

It does have a sound that comes from ATYCLB, but I don't think the song would really fit onto that album for the same reason 'Always' wouldn't: it's not finished. It's not structured enough for ATYCLB. It does have a verse and chorus, but musically it's very free (which is how I like U2 to be actually). If it were polished up a bit, it could fit next to a song like 'Wild Honey' though. I think it could have replaced 'Peace on Earth'. Actually, I think 'Stateless' should have replaced 'Peace on Earth' and then followed by a finished version of 'Are You Gonna Wait...'. Now that would have made ATYCLB a classic!

:hmm: I agree with you there Michael, I love this song!

Michael Griffiths said:
U2Soar,

thats actually a pretty good idea.. in fact, all 3 U2 songs off of the MDH soundtrack should be put on a special edition of ATYCLB with a reordered track list, that would actually make the album worth listening

i really like this song

im glad its not on the album because its clearly not "finished"

but i love it as a bside.

my favorite part is definitly when it breaks down towards the end

The funny thing is;

Most of the crap bands out there would be happy to have a song like this as a first single.

Like most of you, I think that this song is a good sign that the album is going to be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom