AYGWF? - All comments here! (NO REQUESTS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also consider The Sweetest Thing a B-side and that one was more recent than Silver And Gold (track 3 and track 4 on the single :p). Yes, it was later released as a single, but the original version was a B-side.

Oh, and don't forget Slow Dancing. It was first released in 1993 (on the Stay single) and was played sporadically from 1989 onwards.
And then there was Holy Joe, the B-side of the Discothèque single and performed in 1997 (although it was performed only once).

:)

C ya!

Marty

I don´t think it´s that shite, but that echo is really annoying. Anyways silenus and whoever might be interested, I uploaded the file of Holy Joe live in the link below.

http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=600CCC420A89DCDEC19B8DCEB7642BC0

Talking about echo, that´s exactly what I didn´t like in this new b-side Are You Gonna Wait Forever? Overall it´s a good rock song, but that echo shouldn´t be there IMO.

MT

Neither did I...
Does it differ (?) much from the garage mix?
To stay on topic: love AYGWF more every time I hear it...

Holy Joe Guilty Mix available below ;)

http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=9BC3131932F32D070466E6BB18DD17CF

Back to AYGWF, the echo I meant is that one during the chorus, I would prefer some Bono mumbling, LOL. Did you notice that the first chords seem to come from the same place of COBL? I mean, check both songs, it´s pretty similar. Is that a new little toy that Edge might have indulged himself? :D

MT

If Bono had spent more time on the verse lyrics this could have been quite a decent track. As it stands musically it has to be admired.

I prefer it to some of the tracks that made previous albums e.g. Some Days Are Better Than Others & Peace on Earth. If this is what got disgarded for the album my expectation grows higher.

was going to add something but forgot it...:wink:
Sorry for this subjectless post

Last edited:
top tune

Hey....... it's only a b side. Its good but it just doesn't have that magic to be on the album.Kinda throw away.. thats why it's a b side.
We should all be worrying about crumbs from your table off the lp.
It's meant to be pure crap.

Let's hope not

Re: top tune

davroswildebees said:
Hey....... it's only a b side. Its good but it just doesn't have that magic to be on the album.Kinda throw away.. thats why it's a b side.
We should all be worrying about crumbs from your table off the lp.
It's meant to be pure crap.

Let's hope not

No one has ever said this song was crap. A few people have pegged it as noe of the weaker tracks on the album, nut Neil McCormick acctually called Crumbs his favorite song from the album.

Yea, this is the kind of song I think they could do in their sleep. Nothing really epic about it...but very safe and solid. I do agree the lyric seems half assed...more time could have been spent...it is a pretty raw vocal...no backround harmony. Overall, it is an above average b-side...nothing more.

Ready for more album cuts now. Need more need more need more new U2...:dance: :dance: :dance:

BTW, that K-mart performance may have been the low point for the band, IMO. Gawd they sounded so tentative...no confidence.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
but bono's voice is not great in that tune. :shrug:

Ya, after many more listens, the music keeps getting better, but Bono's vocals are still kind of just decent for me, sounds like he didnt put that much time into this. The bridge is the best part vocally and lyrically.

After multiple repeated listens, I came with this verdict: It is better than any of the tracks from the POP album. And it would make a good replacement for Wild Honey in the ATYCLB album. I'm sure some would disagree with me though.

Cheers,

J

Last edited:
it seems like it verges on being great but just cant' pull it off. It seems like a bit of a restrained tune, it seems like it lacks a part where bono and edge are just able to open it up and bono is able to wail for a bit and edge is allowed to solo. it's a nice song sorta wish they had done more with it

It's a better than average B-side, but you can tell the band saw it wasn't getting anywhere and they shelved it. That said I think it's better than three tracks of ATYCLB...and you can feel a hook trying to form, it just doesn't quite get there. Kind of like Electrical Storm or HTBAmerica. They are a mesh of good things, but no clarity comes out.

Last edited:
Great u2 song that sounds more like a demo than a final mix. The Edge is playing some very cool guitar and I think Bono sounds pretty good.

jick said:
And it would make a good replacement for Wild Honey in the ATYCLB album.

Agreed.

jick said:
After multiple repeated listens, I came with this verdict: It is better than any of the tracks from the POP album.

As usual, you are smoking something good...

chorus needed more work... for some reason this song reminds me of an earlier song.. the intro kinda like COBL and then theres another part which reminds me of one of the lesser ATYCLB songs... if they keep on making b-side songs with this sound they could make an extra album with songs like summer rain, big girls are best, are you gonna wait forever because they all have that same sound

Back
Top Bottom