AYGWF? - All comments here! (NO REQUESTS) - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2004, 12:41 PM   #151
War Child

Local Time: 05:50 AM
I should have posted in this thread...

I think it's great as it is. The more I listen, the more I love it. If this couldn't make the album, what did??? Of course, they may have thought it may not fit, but I could definitely see it fitting in on an album with Vertigo and ABOY.

I agree it's a bit raw, but all it would take a little more production, and it would fit right in, IMHO.

Either way, it makes me even more excited about the album.

"My feeling is that it is cool for people to share our music -- as long as no one is making money from the process. We tell people who come to our concerts that they can tape the shows if they want. I think it is cool that people are so passionate about our music" -- Bono
The continuous search for purpose...
Old 11-05-2004, 02:31 PM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:50 AM
Alright, I'm in LOVE with this song right now. I haven't felt like this about a U2 b-side since 'Lady With The Spinning Head'. Edge's guitar is ringing and Bono's voice is lingering in those ringing notes.

...It won't be long, until the summer comes...

Beautiful.

Old 11-05-2004, 02:43 PM   #153
War Child

Local Time: 05:50 AM
Hey Michael since its a ATYCLB leftover do you think it has fit on it? If so where where would you place it?
Old 11-05-2004, 02:59 PM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie

U2Soar,

It does have a sound that comes from ATYCLB, but I don't think the song would really fit onto that album for the same reason 'Always' wouldn't: it's not finished. It's not structured enough for ATYCLB. It does have a verse and chorus, but musically it's very free (which is how I like U2 to be actually). If it were polished up a bit, it could fit next to a song like 'Wild Honey' though. I think it could have replaced 'Peace on Earth'. Actually, I think 'Stateless' should have replaced 'Peace on Earth' and then followed by a finished version of 'Are You Gonna Wait...'. Now that would have made ATYCLB a classic!
Old 11-05-2004, 03:15 PM   #155
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
U2Soar,

It does have a sound that comes from ATYCLB, but I don't think the song would really fit onto that album for the same reason 'Always' wouldn't: it's not finished. It's not structured enough for ATYCLB. It does have a verse and chorus, but musically it's very free (which is how I like U2 to be actually). If it were polished up a bit, it could fit next to a song like 'Wild Honey' though. I think it could have replaced 'Peace on Earth'. Actually, I think 'Stateless' should have replaced 'Peace on Earth' and then followed by a finished version of 'Are You Gonna Wait...'. Now that would have made ATYCLB a classic!
I agree with you there Michael, I love this song!
Old 11-05-2004, 03:17 PM   #156
Refugee

Local Time: 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
U2Soar,

thats actually a pretty good idea.. in fact, all 3 U2 songs off of the MDH soundtrack should be put on a special edition of ATYCLB with a reordered track list, that would actually make the album worth listening
Old 11-05-2004, 03:28 PM   #157
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:50 AM
i really like this song

im glad its not on the album because its clearly not "finished"

but i love it as a bside.

my favorite part is definitly when it breaks down towards the end
Old 11-05-2004, 03:33 PM   #158
The Fly

yeah, can we have the ALBUM leak now please???
Old 11-05-2004, 06:08 PM   #159
Refugee

Local Time: 03:50 AM
The funny thing is;

Most of the crap bands out there would be happy to have a song like this as a first single.

Like most of you, I think that this song is a good sign that the album is going to be awesome!