Axver's Extended Version UF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Balfron

Acrobat
Hey axver, I know you love UF and I know you have an extended version featuring B-Sides etc. Any chance you could post it and I could listen it, and then everyone can maybe debate about it?

After getting the extended zooropa playlist from someone on interference, i want to make another extended album:p

Alright, here's the list (for all of you to tear apart and criticise as only Interferencers can):

1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
3. Wire
4. Indian Summer Sky
5. Boomerang I
6. Boomerang II
7. Love Comes Tumbling
8. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
9. Elvis Presley And America
10. Bass Trap
11. Promenade
12. The Unforgettable Fire
13. Promenade [yes, again]
14. 4th Of July
15. Bad
16. MLK
17. The Three Sunrises

As a note of explanation, The Three Sunrises is last so that it loops right back to the beginning in a continuous flow of U2 atmospheric bliss. Promenade is there twice because 1. it works in both spots and 2. I love it so I'll use it in both rather than choosing just one spot.

I've never heard "Sixty Seconds in Kingdom Come". Can you talk about this song a bit, and/or post an mp3 link?

I'm familiar with all the other tracks but not this one.

I like the idea of expanding this album. I admire the new sound the band discovered, but I always found the LP a bit meandering and slight. Adding the extra tracks would probably flesh it out a bit.

laz

Last edited:
Axver,

Wow!!! Where did you get this? I would love if you could post a link to download. (Torrent or MP3)

I love UF - as a matter of fact, I am coming up on my 20th Anniversary of the Tour - April 22, 1985.:drool:

sortofhomecoming said:
Where did you get this?

I just made it myself by taking the album material and expanding the album by adding all the b-sides in what I considered to be a cohesive fashion. It was so hard to choose between The Three Sunrises and A Sort Of Homecoming that I just gave up and made an album one that I could loop continuously.

If anyone wants any of the songs there that they don't have, I'll upload MP3s. Just leave your e-mail address and the song/s you want. If you don't want to leave your e-mail address, e-mail me privately at amakaxver@gmail.com with the song name in the subject line. I don't want to post YSI links publicly here because they often seem to get used before the intended recipient ever gets the song.

I've uploaded Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come, and I'll upload the two Boomerangs in the morning. So e-mail me and I'll pass on the YSI links to you.

Cool playlist:)

Can i get boomerang 1 and 2 and a kingdom in 60 seconds please?
balfron123@hotmail.com

do you use live versions of any of the songs? I have a great live version of a sort of homecoming, and the rattle and hum version of pride really sounds meaningful i think.

I know this is slightly off topic, but I am a sucker that is going to get that $80 UF shirt at the end of the month when I see them. Are you?:wink:

:drool: love it, axver. i'm gonna have to give it a listen later.

i know no one's said it yet, but it always pisses me off when people find out there's two boomerangs. a lot of people seem to think there's just boomerang two. peeps, why would they call it boomerang two if there wasn't a one? :eyebrow: :D

KhanadaRhodes said:
:drool: love it, axver. i'm gonna have to give it a listen later.

i know no one's said it yet, but it always pisses me off when people find out there's two boomerangs. a lot of people seem to think there's just boomerang two. peeps, why would they call it boomerang two if there wasn't a one? :eyebrow: :D

Well, they did make just God Part II ... :wink:

Roland of Gilead said:
I know this is slightly off topic, but I am a sucker that is going to get that $80 UF shirt at the end of the month when I see them. Are you?:wink:

I still have originial UF tour shirt - lol - but it is almost paper thin. A little aged and worn a tad to much.

Axver - check your email. :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

that's because john lennon recorded god first :wink:

You mean there's something U2 didn't do first?

GASP. My holy impression of U2 has been SHATTERED. My life is OVER. *dies*

I'm surprised U2 hasn't re-issued their CDs in this format ye. REM did it years ago with the European versions of their first 6 (IRS) CDs. Perhaps the "Complete U2" digital box set is a precursor to them doing the same? The Grateful Dead also recently did this but initally released the first half and then the second half of their catolog in 12-CD box sets before making the expanded CDs individually available.

I've been wanting to download the digital U2 box set and put these together myself, and my UF would look much like yours. I assume you would use the extended single version of Pride "(In The Name of Love)" which is about a minute longer than the album version?

~U2Alabama

hawkmoon 269 is called that because they had 269 sessions in the studio making it. At least i think thats right...

im just making the playlist on my ipod now btw!

Back
Top Bottom