Awards Tally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DebbieSG

Refugee
Well it's been announced that U2 is the top grossing live band this year, which isn't an award per se but certainly an accomplishment.

They started out, since the release of ATYCLB, with three Grammies:

Best Song (Beautiful Day)
Best Record (Beautiful Day)
Best Rock Duo or Group

What else?

Well Bono's the European of the Year

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"I used to gaze out my classroom window and dream And then go home and listen to Ray sing "I believe to my soul" after school" ~Van Morrison~

Nobody else wants to help out here?

I can add they got Spin's Band of the Year.

Then they were given awards for "God like Genius" and most consistent band or something that like, I just don't have the details for these.

CONGRATS U2!! Banner year
smile.gif
!

Oh they got much more! They also won something to make rollingstones cover of January 2001.

There is also many more awards they have claimed, though i cannot recall any others at the moment.

Originally posted by Solar Supernova:
Oh they got much more! They also won something to make rollingstones cover of January 2001.

There is also many more awards they have claimed, though i cannot recall any others at the moment.

That's what I thought! So what else??

I am relying on you knowledgeable interferencers(interlanders?) to put together the ultimate list here.

Chris: sounds great, I will be having a nice cozy night in here. Last year I went into the City and lived through hell trying to take BART home.

Godlike geniouses - that was VH-1 awards.

Outstanding lifetime achievement - Brit awards.

Best international band - Austrian music awards.

BD also was called "song of the year" in my country's biggest newspaper's look back on the year 2000. In the same thing, ATYCLB was among the most praised albums.

Originally posted by MikeSt:
Dallas Schoo recieved BEST TECHNICIAN AWARD...

mind you that was awarded to him by me....
smile.gif

Dallas Schoo is one cool dog! He rocks! He was sooooooo fucking awesome (& tolerant of my drunk shit(e) rants) when we met him in Texas!

Dallas Schoo is hereby awarded the position of being The Edge's dog and z-edge's tail-wagging approval!

------------------
U2Oklahoma&
Z
-
E
D
G
E

gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 12-31-2001).]

Also:

Best International Group - Brit Awards

Editor's Choice Award - the Q Magazine Awards (I think it's for having the most votes across all categories)

I'm pretty sure that Godlike Genius was at the NME Awards (that's when Bono said the c-word a few times in his acceptance speech, which shocked some people here as I remember)

Best Rock Band - the Top of the Pops

Adam won the Bass Player of the Year award from some magazine (can't remember the name)

The Lifetime Achievement Award - MTV Video Awards

Back
Top Bottom