AUSTIN - Thanks for the Memories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Austin concert was GREAT!!!

I'm sad it's over. The memories are great and will last forever; meeting my interference friends, and of course meeting Dallas Schoo, and standing outside the arena for hours getting sunburned to meet Edge and Larry
biggrin.gif

I enjoyed meeting you all... Achtung_Bebe, MullenGirl, LikeO2, lylas, zedge, Groovy, INCA, AdamsGirl, EdgeVox... I hope to meet you all again soon
smile.gif

(my Austin pics coming soon)

Let's do it all again in Dallas November 25th!!!

*HUGS*

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

www.geocities.com/u2_celebrate/u2_celebration.html

Wow well I got back in tonight from Austin. It was a great past two days. I met tons of Interferencers there which was great. ABEL, EdgeVox, MullenGirl, LikeO2, lylas, zedge, Groovy, INCA, AdamsGirl... We met Dallas Schoo in an Irish pub the night before the show. That was really awesome. He said "Do I know you from somewhere?" and I told him I was brought on stage in Houston. Talk about a great memory. I guess that's what his job requires of him.
The day of the show I got at the arena for 10:00 am, and though I had reserved seating I was able to have a blast waiting nonetheless. At around 5:00 pm we all saw U2 as they came out to sign autographs. First Edge drives up. I was so pleased that I got him to sign the drawing I did of him. That will definately make it on my wall within the next week. Then Bono and Larry walk up and the crowd naturally freaks out. I managed to get the back of a picture of Bono and I dancing signed, so basically I can die happily now. Then finally Adam came out, and though I did not have any contact with him it was great to see him from so close. During all of this Gwen Stefani showed up in a yellow taxi cab bus which I thought was pretty humorous.

At last the show starts... I was shocked at the size of the arena. The Frank Erwin Center was so tiny, it was incredible how near to the stage my seats actually ended up being. I guess Prop pulled through after all. The highlight for me would have to be Please, Pride and Kite. It was my first time hearing Please, and the acoustic version was nice, though I'll admit to have missed the groovy bass line. Even so it was a great performance. I got emotional during One when the names of victims scrolled across the screen. Bono said of NYC "you can knock it down but you can't knock it out" and the crowd went wild. He also said before going into Kite that he used to think he had written it for his kids but now he believes it was his dad who wrote it for him. Then he mentioned that his dad had passed away. I think it shed a new light on the song.

Excellent show. I just hate that it's over though. It was nice to meet everyone. I'm not counting on the Dallas show, however when I saw the news I immediately took out a road map
biggrin.gif
It's definately a doable distance so we shall see! U2 has once again amazed.

Awesome!! I want to meet you guys! Blah!

I want pics I want pics!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without

YAY! i wish i could meet the Southern interferencers as well... any of you doing Vegas??

anyway, ABEL and Bebe, i'm so glad you guys had fun! and i can't believe you met Dallas in a bar- how cool!!! was he nice? did you have a drink w/ him?? unbelievable.
smile.gif

anyway, congrats again on a great show.
smile.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:
was he nice? did you have a drink w/ him?? unbelievable.

Dallas was very nice. He had just ordered a drink when we saw him, so unfortunately we didn't get to "have a drink with him", or even buy him one.

He talked to all of us for several minutes and posed with us for a group photo and waited while we took pictures with everyone's camera. He literally had to be told several times by his friends that it was time to go, lol
biggrin.gif

btw, I got my pics back and hopefully will at least be posting some of them tonight
smile.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

www.geocities.com/u2_celebrate/u2_celebration.html

You are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky ABEL! Dammit, why couldnt i go?!
frown.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

You stood around getting sunburned????????

Sorry, I live in Ohio and the past 3 shows I went to (in IN, IL, RI) I've been waiting for them in freezing ass temperatures. Lucky southerners.

Glad you had a great time though!

smile.gif

------------------
Tonight this city belongs to me...

Ditto everything!
It was great meeting you guys!
I hope to do it again next sunday!

------------------
What has Gavin got that I don't, besides $$$ and fame?

Back
Top Bottom