ATYCLB is such a winter album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Listening to whole album while it's all cold and grey is just so uplifting. Today I woke up and hit shuffle and WILATW came on and it just fit right in there with the cold. It's beautiful.

Appreciate. :wink:

BrownEyedBoy said:
Listening to whole album while it's all cold and grey is just so uplifting. Today I woke up and hit shuffle and WILATW came on and it just fit right in there with the cold. It's beautiful.

Appreciate. :wink:

couldn't agree more:up:

there is something about the track"New York" that makes me think of chilly,cloudy windy weather

.......must be Edge's guitar:wink:

Re: Re: ATYCLB is such a winter album

xaviMF22 said:
there is something about the track"New York" that makes me think of chilly,cloudy windy weather
"In New York summers get hot, well into the hundreds, You can't walk around the block, without a change of clothing. Hot as a hairdryer in your face, Hot as a handbag and a can of mace... New York."

Yep that really conjours up thoughts of the cooler months! :wink:

I don't know if its because I bought ATYCLB in summer and listened to it most frequently in that summer, but it always makes me think of warmer weather. :shrug:

Re: Re: Re: ATYCLB is such a winter album

Meghan said:

"In New York summers get hot, well into the hundreds, You can't walk around the block, without a change of clothing. Hot as a hairdryer in your face, Hot as a handbag and a can of mace... New York."

Yep that really conjours up thoughts of the cooler months! :wink:

I don't know if its because I bought ATYCLB in summer and listened to it most frequently in that summer, but it always makes me think of warmer weather. :shrug:

well I was definitely thinking about the music itself and not the lyrics:wink:

reminds me more of the spring and early summer, since I listened to it a lot then when I bought it for the first time. I could see it working for anytime though, depending on someone's mood.

i always looked at WILATW as a good night driving song myself.

I will have to keep that in mind when it's cold and grey, but for the past two days it has been 80 F and gorgeous here! :drool:

While I agree that ATYCLB is uplifting period, especially in winter, ( I also am wearing the disc out now) the album has always reminded me of spring due to it's beauty and optimism. Funny thing is here is Alabama it's practically humid so it's like listening to a spring album, during winter but it feels like summer outside:wink:

I'd be more inclined to say it was a Spring album. It's not one of those CDs that really lifts my mood - it does, however, tend to make me become quite introspective. Take that as you will ;)

I find it to be more of a spring/summer album for me. "Beautiful Day" and "Wild Honey" are so bright. :cute:

Back
Top Bottom