ATYCLB is #3 on Amazon.com....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawkmoon1021

Acrobat
....I guess they converted a few non believers. I wouldn't be surprised if they jump into the top 20 on Billboard next week...

Good job Hawkmoon-
It just occoured to me and I was getting ready to post something-will there be a general reaction in record sales as a result of last nights performance???

Let the flurry begin!!

Great news! I guess I wasn't expecting a huge response from the Super Bowl performance, but over a billion people probably watched the performance. Nearly every household in the USA was tuned in to that performance, so U2 is bound to get a boost in sales.

Since February is typically a slow period for record sales, U2 could even enter the Top 10 if there are no major new releases.

I just checked a few others on Amazon for the f of it (he says very bored at work). I thought these 3 albums might be effected. Looks like at least 2 were...

Best of-17

JT-33

UF-327

Pop-28,235,589...just kidding...should be #1 though!

That is great news and great timing!
What if there is a big surge, and the upcoming Grammys will certainly keep THAT going!

They could jump up higher then Creed then, and that would have us gloating for sure!

Some more Amazon.com stats:

AB - #113

Elevation Tour 2001 (Live from Boston) - #22

------------------
Change is the only constant

I wonder if they will release a 5th single to capitalize on the SB & the Grammies, or just stick with Stuck? Aren't they playing it at the Grammies?

Hopefully all the kiddies will go to ""blockbuster music"" after school today and spend their hard earned on a rock record instead of the fucki*g shit(*) they normally buy.

And then we can have Larry on the cover of 'teen people', Adam and Edge on the covers of other various teeny bop bubble gum mags. Ali would be on the cover of 'good houskeeping' and 'better homes & gardens' and Bono could grace 'time', 'people' and just about everything else to definitely include 'mad'.

And hopefully we can get Henry Rollins fired up again too so we can finally have something real to bitch about.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by z edge:
And hopefully we can get Henry Rollins fired up again too so we can finally have something real to bitch about.
biggrin.gif

Guh, that guy is such an ass. The other day I was watching something on The Clash and out of nowhere he just says "they're the band U2 wishes they were." Like, just randomly for no reason. Fucknut....

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by mike63:
Nothing less than their performance deserves - a fan in the Uk who stayed up to after 1.30 am (and gets up at 5.30) to catch the performance.

Mike

Good for you Mike, I bet you will sleep well tonight.

Cheers

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but we probably won't see the biggest effect on U2's sales until next weeks chart. I think they will rise on Billboard this week, but if they are lucky only into the top 40.

Amazon is great to track sale trends for certain bands, as we can see the trend is that they are getting more sales, BUT chart position is WAY off. They were in Amazon's top 20 even when they were out of Billboards top 100 (for a brief while)
wink.gif

Hopefully in the 40's this week, 30's next week and then the grammy awards!!

GO U2!

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Guh, that guy is such an ass. The other day I was watching something on The Clash and out of nowhere he just says "they're the band U2 wishes they were." Like, just randomly for no reason. Fucknut....

yeah i know, the first thing that popped into my mind was "U2, political punk...yep, that's what U2 have been trying to be all alone." my mom was watching it too and she was like "huh??" LOL!
biggrin.gif

oh yeah, what's up with everyone buying atyclb?
rolleyes.gif
j/k.

[This message has been edited by KhanadaRhodes (edited 02-04-2002).]

Originally posted by Roland of Gilead:
Yes!

All That...#2
Best of...#14
Joshua Tree #30

By end of day I predict...

All That...#1
Best of...#9
Joshua Tree #25

Currently

All That -2 (benind an unreleased barry manlinow CD)

Best Of - 13 (pretty good)

Joshua - 18 (awesome, given Best Of performance)

Expect All That to rise to around 25, and, on the catalogue charts, Best Of to rise to top 10 and Joshua top 20 - awesome !!!!

Mike

this super bowl exposure is really gonna help with the grammys.

------------------
"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

I predict by the end of the day all 3 of them will be at # 1 and that will really make Our man Henry happy
wink.gif

Originally posted by z edge:
I predict by the end of the day all 3 of them will be at # 1 and that will really make Our man Henry happy
wink.gif

Nothing less than their performance deserves - a fan in the Uk who stayed up to after 1.30 am (and gets up at 5.30) to catch the performance.

Mike

Hate to be a party pooper again, but looking at hitsdailydouble charts, U2 is sitting at the same chart position as last week. This may change as the day goes on as only 56% of sales are in right now. But look for only a slight rise for U2 on the charts this week.

Well the effect of the SB may be seen slightly this week if people started to go and buy it right away (ie. actually ON superbowl Sunday, which is not likely, or on Monday) Tuesday starts a whole new week and that is the week we will probably see a bigger boost. So to answer your question - yes not this week but next we will see the biggest effect of SB on U2 sales.

Thanks WF. That's what I thought. My prediction is Top 20 in 2 weeks...It just seems like U2 is everywhere right now. I'm sure the Grammy buzz won't hurt either. But with all this exposure, I don't think we will see a new album this year. They are working on a soundtrack though, right? If it is anything like the MDH sdtk, that will be fine by me until the new one. The DVD is a nice consolation as well...

Actually the week starts with Monday unless its a new album being released which would be Tuesday. But they stopped counting Sunday night for the Billboard chart that you'll see on Thursday. Don't ask me why there is one less day for new releases in the first week. They don't do that outside the USA.
So there will not be any effect shown this week at all. It will all come the following week. I also remember that when the Grammy's last year were on a Wendsday night, the full effect was not felt until two weeks later. A full week of sales after the event has to happen to see the full effect.

Actually I think the two year mark or around Christmas 2002 would be the perfect time from a Business point of view to release the next studio album. When you have momentum, its best to keep it going. When you have an album like ZOOROPA and don't release another album for four years, that is what creates a huge dip in popularity.
An new album released this December would explode out of the stores! There certainly is not overexposure in the USA when you consider the fact that the highest charting single was Beautiful Day at #21. Walk On and Elevation fail to make the HOT 100 and Stuck...makes it to #52. So I do not see overexposure at all. In fact its just right considering how well ATYCLB is selling. 3.5 million in the USA by the Grammy's, and most likely 4 million in the USA by the end of this summer.

Back
Top Bottom