ATYCLB in Your U2 Top 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

polka king

Babyface
How many songs from ATYCLB are in your list of 20 all time U2 faves?

I've got three:
Walk On, Kite, When I Look At The World

The earliest recording I've got in my top 20 is Another Day.

Definitely Walk On. Very likely When I Look at the World and In a Little While. Maybe New York, Beautiful Day and Stuck. I'm not too sure what my top 20 is right now.

------------------
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

Walk On, Kite (my favorite from ATYCLB), Beautiful Day and Stuck in a Moment. Probably When I Look at the World, too. I'm not sure if these would be in my top twenty, as there are *way* more than 20 U2 songs that I adore, but I think these would be right up there.

------------------
"I buy socks."
--Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink

"Do you know," lectures Larry Mullen Jr, "One of Hitler's first military acts was to carpet bomb the village of his birth? He was obsessed by obliterating his past."
"We should do that to the Q photo library," muses Edge. "Destroy all evidence of mullets!"

--Q Magazine interview, "The Elastic Bono Band"

Umm...

New York (Am I the only one who likes NY)
Stuck (Acoustic only...album version doesn't make top 20)
IALW
Elevation (probably due to tour)
BD (a little too much of it but after all the dust settles, its in the top 20)

CK

Definately In A Little While, and BD. Others are great, but I'm not sure if they would fit into my top 20, and if they did which ones it would be.

Hmm...haven't thought about my Top 20, but Kite will definetely make it into the Top 10 and Stuck and In A Little While are somewhere between 11 and 20.

[This message has been edited by Henne (edited 10-04-2001).]

hmmm,

Walk On for sure....maybe Stuck and Kite.

That was a tough question though....in order to answer it I have to make a top 20.

GAH

------------------
Well the God I believe in isn't short of cash....Mr.

BTBS, Rattle and Hum version

hmmm,

Walk On for sure....maybe Stuck and Kite.

That was a tough question though....in order to answer it I have to make a top 20.

GAH

------------------
Well the God I believe in isn't short of cash....Mr.

BTBS, Rattle and Hum version

Elevation is in my top 5. I can't understand how this song didn't get more mainstream radio airplay in the US.

Stuck In A Moment and Peace On Earth are in my top 20.

LOTS!
smile.gif

1. BD
2. Stuck
3. Walk On
4. In a little while

ATYCLB kicks ass.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

BD
IALW
Walk On
Always (does that count?!)
elevation
stuck

------------------
~*Mona FP*~ / ~*Moaner*~ / ~*MonaPhisto*~
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"F.P. is for Furious Poet" ~Kerouac

"Thank you all for letting me rub up against you" ~BonoBaby~

3.Walk On
5.Stuck In A Moment
10.Kite
13.Beautiful Day
20.When I Look at the World

------------------
ALL THIS THAT

BD, Walk On, Kite

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

I'll have to write my top 20 sometime.. but some of the ones that would definitely make it into the top 20: Kite, Elevation, Beautiful Day, In a Little While and Walk On.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

20 songs make lots of room for ATYCLB. Beautiful Day and Elevation for me. Maybe Walk On and Stuck although I'm *gasp* tired of them for now.

I'm not sure about my top 20, but Kite, IALW and Walk on are definitely in it. Maybe Beautiful day, too. I really love this album!

------------------
Take the money and run

Originally posted by TheU2:
Umm...

New York (Am I the only one who likes NY)

CK

Nope, that is my absolute favorite off the album.

<-------..I'm not biased...
wink.gif

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

[This message has been edited by u2loopy (edited 04-12-2002).]

Always in my TOP20:

Kite
Stuck In A Moment

Only sometimes:

Walk On
Beautiful Day
Elevation

Stuck in a Moment
Beautiful Day
In a Little While

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Walk On is about it. This isn't my fave U2 album. Maybe Beautiful Day and Elevation (Tomb Raider). Wild Honey would probably make the top 30

------------------

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02

Kite is the lone entry in the top 20, sneaking in at #18.

Walk On is somewhere in the 20's, the next highest on my list.

The average song ranks 58.8 on my U2 list, the lowest charting average of any U2 album apart from Boy (76.6) and October (67.4).
For those amused at all my statistics, Achtung Baby is the highest charting average at 36.8.

Back
Top Bottom