ATYCLB hits 4 million in sales in Europe!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
In April, the IFPI certified "All That You Can't Leave Behind" 4 times platinum for 4 million copies sold in Europe! www.ifpi.org
The IFPI is the European equivalent of the RIAA which certifies albums as Gold, Platinum and Multi-Platinum after an audit is done for how many copies were sold.

ATYCLB is now at 4 million in Europe, 3,827,000 in the USA, and over 3 million in sales for all other parts of the Globe. The album has now sold nearly 11 million copies worldwide!

does this mean the next tour the US again will get 3 legs and Europe just 1, because they are already selling more records here?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

It takes an entire Continent to sell as much as U2 does only in one Country. Quit your fookin complaining. Add Canada to that 3.8 million and see who has sold more Europe or North America.

[This message has been edited by The Arms of America (edited 05-10-2002).]

Great point arms,
People forget that America is only one country sometimes! Add Canada and U2 should definitely be spending good q/t here in North America, ya big baby.

------------------
Mac Phisto's N.Y. Headquarters

Originally posted by The Arms of America:
It takes an entire Continent to sell as much as U2 does only in one Country.
ah yes, I should have compared Holland to the US (come to think of it, Holland might actually have had the largest percentage of concert tickets per citizen)
how silly of me

------------------
Salome

I think comparing to the number of citizens would be the fairest, not by country or continent.

Don't know how many lives in Europe all together though. Can see if I can find the figures.

Originally posted by Salome:
ah yes, I should have compared Holland to the US (come to think of it, Holland might actually have had the largest percentage of concert tickets per citizen)
how silly of me

If I told you once, I've told 3.14159265 million times: It's Salome's sarcasm that has kept U2 away from Europe. He is entirely to blame. U2 can take zingers from the press, but when Salome insults them, well, it's just too much.

biggrin.gif

*edited formatting

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 05-11-2002).]

Originally posted by doctorwho:
If I told you once, I've told 3.14159265 million times: It's Salome's sarcasm that has kept U2 away from Europe.
that's why I am considering moving
to spread the love a bit

------------------
Salome

Originally posted by Salome:
does this mean the next tour the US again will get 3 legs and Europe just 1, because they are already selling more records here?

Did I miss something? When did they do a third leg in the US? It was only two. Salome, I think your shaking a bit too much
wink.gif

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

Back
Top Bottom