ATYCLB Double Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hole

Babyface
Why not try to make a double album of ATYCLB? With the B-sides, MDH album and Rare and Unreleased songs taken from the same recording sessions, it´s possible to make it this way:

Walk On (Mike Hedges Hallelujah mix/The Single Mix)
Wild Honey
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Levitate
Kite
Elevation (the RAI Mix is the best)
Stateless
Love You Like Mad
Flower Child
Summer Rain
New York
In A Little While
Are You Gonna Wait Forever
Always
Peace On Earth
When I Look At The World
Stuck In A Moment You Can´t Get Out Of
Beautiful Day
Grace
Walk On (Album Version)

(Yes, AYGWF is from the Vertigo single, but the sound is typical ATYCLB, just as Big Girls Are Best from the SIAMYCGOO single is typical Pop)

This has made me listening to these songs again, and this album, that I used to think as a little boring, has started to grow. It´s like, some songs you just can´t leave behind...

Enjoy your listening!

Most of them good songs, but you would never find me listening to that all the way through, especially in that order...

Sometimes albums need the fat trimmed. Like having Always and Beautiful Day? And having BD that late on the album? 2 Walk Ons?

i hardly listen to my albums without using the shuffle function anymore :shrug: but i agree, bvs, if i heard always & beautiful day next to each other i'd probably skip the second one (whichever one that would be in the shuffle.)

There's a double version with 20 trax that has been listed b4 that I use.... I never listen 2 the other version anymore.

I'd recommend getting Ur hands on the "Hybrid Mix" of Walk On.... simply stunning.... and the "J Mix" of Stuck In A Moment....

Of these I don't have the following:

Also don't have the "Hybrid Mix" of Walk On

Anyone who would like to send them to me would be greatly appreciated.
graffeodl@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Dana

I prefer the "Biffco" remix of Elevation.... it's the closest sounding 2 the live per4mances, IMO.

Or subtract stuff like Grace, Wild Honey, etc and replace them with Levitate, Ground Beneath Her Feet, etc and it would have been a better album overall.

rihannsu said:
Of these I don't have the following:

Also don't have the "Hybrid Mix" of Walk On

Anyone who would like to send them to me would be greatly appreciated.
graffeodl@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Dana

I would love these too if someone would so kind.
Jeannieco@aol.com
Thank you!

I would love these too if someone would so kind.

Check yor mailboxes:wink: !

Are You Gonna Wait Forever has no place on ATYCLB, I think. It would've served a lot better on HTDAAB as part of the sci-fi punk rock they were planning on. Miracle Drug, COBL and Crumbs ruined that idea quick though.

Levitate, with more prominent guitar and a darker sound could fit on HTDABB too.

Scorpionac said:
Are You Gonna Wait Forever has no place on ATYCLB, I think. It would've served a lot better on HTDAAB as part of the sci-fi punk rock they were planning on. Miracle Drug, COBL and Crumbs ruined that idea quick though.

Levitate, with more prominent guitar and a darker sound could fit on HTDABB too.

But as I understand it both of those tunes were begun during the ATYCLB sessions and that is why fans include them in expanded versions. Often songs that don't make an album are in fact the beginnings of direction shifts towards the next album. If you go back through there career you will find many instances of songs started in one session that find a home or at least point to the next. From Bomb I would say that OOTS and Fast Cars point what is starting to sound like the new direction in structure and sound respectively.

Dana

love2bmama said:
Would someone mind sending me a couple of songs? I've looked, but can't find either the Walk On Hybrid mix or Hallelujah mix.
dufrane6@msn.com

Check your mailbox for Hallelujah (the other one is unknown to me)!

Back
Top Bottom