Atyclb 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ZigZag said:

Besides the fact that that makes absolutley no sense, I'd like to know how a rock band who is as big as a band outside of the Beatles can POSSIBLY "sell out". Was U2 underground when "Pop" went a measly platinum in America alone? Was U2 a huge sell out when they doubled the success of "The Unforgettable Fire" with "The Joshua Tree"?

Also, they've been played on the radio since "Boy". They never stopped being played on the radio.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! How more obviously sarcastic can someone get? Please try and learn to recognise sarcasm, or the people of a certain country will have a bad name for ever...

Thanks for saving me there Sage, I obviously need to work on my sarcastic tone a bit, eh?

To clarify: I LOVE ATYCLB, and it doesn't matter if this new album is all out rock or some rock with some pop mixed together. The band will NOT lose fans, and if the album is good it will sell. That's kinda been my mantra for the past few months now.

I think we all need a break from this forum......

I think the main reason people are complaining about this 53 sec clip is because the song (a song which the band, well Bono atleast, seems to be particularly proud of) sounds a bit...ordinary :huh: So naturally people here are going to fuss and moan that the very rough and early clip will be indicative of the entire album.

Of course, I'm inclined to disagree with the above statements and will love the new album no matter what, because, well to be honest, I'm a U2 fanboy at heart :wink:

It only sounds "ordinary" because it was recorded OUTSIDE of the studio, through a window. We really have no idea of what it truly sounds like, right?

I love the passion in this forum....seriously, it's great. I can't wait to log on daily and see what people are saying about stuff they don't have any idea about (this includes me).

Which is precisely why they should not have even posted it on the net. I like to get a sample of new music, but that sh!tty recording wasn't even worth it.

And for the record, I like how it sounds.

If the whole album sounds like The Who, then we are in for a treat.

EvolutionMonkey said:

Hey MG are you still in the motherland ? Holy you must be as dark as my indian skin and when you come back you'll be hanging out at the temple on Sundays eating rotees and samosas. :lmao: The weather has been absolutely fantastic for the past 3 weeks, not too hot and once in awhile it gets cloudy but still over 20 degrees on those days too. My summer begins after this Saturday cause that's my last day of school at BCIT and won't start again till September. :applaud: I've only gone to the beach a couple times but the rest of the summer is gonna be beach time especially night time beach partying. What we should do when you get back is have a get together at the Cambie or wherever and have fun and celebrate Atyclb part 2 is coming out soon :wink:

Where abouts are you right now and when 'ya gett'in back ? :)
EM - Yes, still in the motherland! Ah, the rotees! I'm craving Indian food for lunch as I type! I am very tanned - but still seem quite fare skinned in comparison. I pass for a Bombay/Pune type of Cosmo Indian, I guess!

I'm off to Pondicherry next week after hitting Bangalor this weekend....then to Agra and finally back to Delhi before heading to the UK for 12 days....and then finally back to Vancouver by mid August!!

I can't wait for the new single....to think it might be leaked by the time we have our beer at the Cambie?! (I"m betting it'll make ATYCLB seem like a collection of nursary rhymes! Oh, wait, ATYCLB is a collection of... :wink: )

U2 sound dope and make ill music when they're just playing raw.

just need Adam and Larry to smoke a pound of Weed and Bono with Edge to drink loose.

then you'll hear u2 play some raw sh*t

Back
Top Bottom