atu2.com has a report on Hall of fame: what they played

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
U2 fans will whine about anything ...

Though let me just say one thing: BRING BACK THE MULLET!

LOL! Not whining, just... pining. :D Plus, I'm not really serious. As long as the music's good, I don't really care what kind of haircut Bono has. Just as long as he isn't completely bald ala Popmart Seattle. ;)

Well, hey... It looks like Larry kind of has a pre-mullet-thing going on... Maybe it WILL make a comeback! :wink:

Last edited:
And probably also no sequencers, preventing the performance of such delicate songs.

*thought it was a good 4-song set*

Yeah, Bono's hair sucks.

It sucked for most of the Zoo TV tour as well. He got it right occassionally, as witnessed in the Zoo TV Sydney video. Most of the time it was too long/mullet-like, however. I have a signed photo of Bono from the Zoo TV era and one of my friends commented, 'Dude, does Bono have a mullet?' I looked more closely at the photograph and sadly replied, 'Yeah.' I couldn't really tell beforehand because the black hair kind of blended into the black leather jacket. It seems that no matter what era Bono is in, he likes to sneak the mullet in there somehow.

His current hairstyle, though, is a tragedy. It really screams "Aging rock star." I agree with other Interferencers about his 'Beautiful Day/ATYCLB promo photos' haircut. That was awesome. But then he let it grow out into this really shitty half-mullet shag thing. And now he's dyed it this artificial red color, which is funny because Bono's hair was never this red, even when he was 20. But whatever - he can keep that weird hair color as long as he cuts his hair to a respectable length. Something similar to what he had in 2000, preferably.

[/haircut rant]

Okay, as long as the haircut talk is continuing... I can't resist. I swear - I don't usually take this much time to think about Bono's hair. LOL.

Bono's current look makes him look at least 10 years older than he actually is. It's amazing what a difference a simple haircut (and clothes for that matter) can make on his appearance. It's only been 4 years since the short-lived Beautiful Day/ATYCLB look, he could do it again. In some recent pictures, he seriously looks like he's aged 10 years in 4. :/

And yes, I've found some pictures to illustrate my point... Pretty sad, I know. lol.

4 years ago...

good.jpg

good2.jpg

And now...

now.jpg

It's all about the hair. Even if he cut it like the 2nd ATYLB picture, it would make a huge difference. I guess we'll have to see what his whole look is during the actual tour (and if it changes any).

Dear god, this may be turning into a Pleba thread... :wink:

Last edited:
beli said:

holy cow does he looks old.

not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. i mean, he ISN'T young.

anyway, interesting song selection. pride should have been put to rest a long, long time ago though.

not that i really give a shit what Bono's hair looks like, but what the??? it looks like shit.

RademR said:
not that i really give a shit what Bono's hair looks like, but what the??? it looks like shit.

Yeah, those pictures weren't particularly flattering, were they? :| I have to cut him some slack, though - he was out running errands or something... I'd probably look like shit too if I were photographed early in the morning walking down the street.

I dunno - maybe it was just a really bad hair day for him. Still... yikes. :huh:

That beard adds 10 years on him.
We're comparing trimmed/styled promo pictures and everyday photos. Of course it isn't a fair comparison.

MrBrau1 said:
He's going bald. He needs the long slicked back thing to cover the thin spots. It's pretty obvious.

He's almost 45, so I think hair-wise he's doing O.K. Also, I don't think he's lost a lot of hair in the crown - which negates your view - but more in front. Clearly his hairline has receded.

Unfortunately, Bono's wearing his hair in a bad manner for a man with a slightly receding hairline - at least in those pictures shown.

Here is another very recent pic - and clearly he looks quite good with his long hair.

Bono%20Vertigo%20Remix%20Video%204.jpg

Back
Top Bottom