ATTN: U2 NewMedia 2.0 BETA Testers Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Well.. we know its long overdue...
but it's finally here.

NewMedia 2.0 Beta will be 'limited released' to select Beta Testers sometime within the next week (most likely).

For those of you who do not know what NewMedia is... it's a p2p (peer-to-peer) file sharing application for Windows (sorry no Mac yet) that allows you to exchange U2 audio, video, pictures, text, and every other type of file, with a community of only U2 fans. NewMedia 2.0 also links directly in with Interference.com's U2 Chat, and also has a Web browser built-in, allowing you to chat with your friends, surf the web, and even be in the forum all at once without opening any other programs. Interference.com's 'U2 NewMedia 2.0' has partnered with U2BloodRedSky.com to offer the LARGEST selection of U2 live Mp3 recordings online.

If you are interested in helping us test NewMedia 2.0 you must first qualify, to do so please send the following information to beta@olive.interference.com (all information will be kept private) :

1. Your REAL Name

2. Your REAL Email Address

3. Your forum name(s) [yes, at this time you must be a registered member of Interference.com]

4. Please tell us some facts about your computer if you can:
Windows 95 / 98 / ME / XP Home / XP Pro / 2000 Pro
Computer Manufacturer (HP, Dell, etc)
How much RAM (Memory) do you have
What speed is your processor (pentium 1, 2, 3, 4 / How many Mhz)
What program do you use most to play your Mp3s (Winamp, Windows Media Player, MusicMatch, etc)

5. How are you connected to the Internet:
Dialup / DSL / Cable / School Ethernet / Work Ethernet

6. Where are you located (State/Province, City, Country, Postal/ZIP Code if any)

7. What size adult Tshirt do you wear? (just trust us on this one)

By applying to become a beta tester for NewMedia 2.0 you understand that the program is in beta, and we make no warranties, guaranties, or any other such claims which would hold us liable for your use of the program.

"The last of the rock stars
When hip hop drove the big cars
In the time when NEW MEDIA
Was the big idea
That was the big idea"

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

I'd love to test it! Sent my info.

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Arun V~

This is NOT related to New Media, but I figured you'd be checkin' this thread (then I don't have to start another one just for this).

Can I have your email addy? Otherwise, just email me at Katherine@U2mail.org. Just wanted to tell you something!
smile.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Elvis:
... it's a p2p (peer-to-peer) file sharing application for Windows (sorry no Mac yet)

icon9.gif

If it WERE ready for a Mac, I'd be more than happy to help out. I want a t-shirt! This is like descrimination or something...you'll be hearing from my lawyers...
icon31.gif

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

I want to make a mac version sooo badly...if I could get some mac geeks to help me..it would help.

Real email address?? Thats a funny question for me. I have several that I consider my REAL email address! Oh well I will pick one. Arun V, I am in the process of sending you the info...

*Screams and hugs*

BEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by bonovista:
Arun, I might have actually found you a Mac geek who might be ever to put your version for Macs.

Only problem is that he is gone till April 15. He always loves a challenge, and this one I know he'll love.

I love you.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

Originally posted by bonovista:
Arun, I might have actually found you a Mac geek who might be ever to put your version for Macs.

Only problem is that he is gone till April 15. He always loves a challenge, and this one I know he'll love.

God bless you!!!

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Sitll looking for more emails of people wanting to test.... come on folks. Also.. just want to say... I'll send emails out when testing begins, with the info u need, etc.

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

I'd have the beta ready if someone would get the artwork done

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 03-05-2002).]

Originally posted by Arun V:
I'd have the beta ready if someone would get the artwork done

Do you need any help?

[This message has been edited by wannabe (edited 03-05-2002).]

Hi, Fritz! Another Michigander, I see. Welcome to Interference!
smile.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

ok an update

I'm on spring break next week...so I'll finish it up this weekend and oversee tests myself next week (ideally).

Back
Top Bottom