Attn: Toronto area U2 fans (and anyone else within a few hours' drive!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Do you miss the live U2 experience? Do you want to get elevated again? Well, if you happen to live within driving distance of Ontario, you are in luck.

On Grammy night, Toronto's own U2 tribute band, Elevation made their stunning debut (to the amazement and delight of the Toronto area fans - for some reviews http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum7/HTML/004248.html). They are starting to schedule more shows, and have asked me to post some info about them for you, which I am now delighted to do:

Their next show is St. Patrick's Day in Sudbury: http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=edgeaholic&AID=213193&Pres=Y, and the show after that, is on April 5 in Etobicoke. It is on THIS day, that I make MY debut in full costume as their official belly dancer!!! Don't worry, even if I totally suck, it's worth the trip just for the band. Believe me!

Here is their website:
www.angelfire.com/indie/elevation

Hope to see you there!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 03-01-2002).]

Although, I am 100% sure that Mrs. Edge won't suck, let me tell you. It is totally worth it to come to Toronto just to see the band. They are incredible!!

Definitely worth the trip to see the glorious debut of the terrificly talented interpretative belly dance of Interference's own Mrs. Edge!!!!!!

And to see Mr. Mrs. Edge grinning from ear to ear!!! "Stare your hearts out men, but she's all mine!!!!"

[This message has been edited by drumkeeran (edited 03-01-2002).]

*sigh*

If I could find cheap airfare to Toronto, I'd go, but so far the best I can find is $234.
frown.gif

You guys! I am verklempt!! (sp)?

I had such a mixture of terror and excitement that I had to rush home from work and play the DVD at TOP Volume and jump around the room like a mad fiend!!! Then I watched my ZooTV vid. My choreography is going to be more...extravagant, because it will have a bit of athletic ballet thrown in.

I get my costume on Sunday! Can't wait! I'm still not sure what colour to get...

Bet there's no chance of these guys ever coming to measly London, huh?

Oh but they really should, because dontcha know London is hugely into U2.

Well, I'm sure they'll go wherever they're asked! In fact, I know they will, so if you know of any clubs there that are interested...

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Bet there's no chance of these guys ever coming to measly London, huh?

Oh but they really should, because dontcha know London is hugely into U2.

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
You guys! I am verklempt!! (sp)?

I had such a mixture of terror and excitement that I had to rush home from work and play the DVD at TOP Volume and jump around the room like a mad fiend!!! Then I watched my ZooTV vid. My choreography is going to be more...extravagant, because it will have a bit of athletic ballet thrown in.

I get my costume on Sunday! Can't wait! I'm still not sure what colour to get...

I watched my ZooTV vid yesterday too, and I was totally thinking of you dancing. I totally agree that you should get red!!!

I can't wait till April 5th!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Well, a club/bar in a town near me (Oldham) had a U2 tribute band on the other month - so who knows (maybe to coincide witrh the tour in Europe ???). Maybe I should book my flight now (matbe I will)- although the best quote to date is around ?400 (around $600), but it wouyld probably be worth it.

Jess - $600+ dollars ? Why not girl, we only live once.

Mike

Jessica, where in Etobicoke?

I believe April 5th is a friday. So, I'm thinking about it.
smile.gif

Man, this sucks. I'm on the opposite side of the continent dammit! I wish I could go!

Me too McCool! I'm in the lower part of the states, and am SO bummed I can't go!
frown.gif
I'm just hoping someone will take lots o' pics and video!

HO-LEE SHITE, Jessica. $630 for a costume??????
eek.gif
I hope you plan on performing more than once with these guys!
smile.gif
(hmmm...maybe this is the start of a new career move, perhaps??)

Originally posted by mocool12:
Man, this sucks. I'm on the opposite side of the continent dammit! I wish I could go!

Well, I just got back from getting my costume. It is GORGEOUS. This is about as good as I can look in an outfit. It's red and gold, and handmade, imported from Egypt. It cost me $630!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it is so worth it. Can't WAIT for the boys in the band (and the audience) to see it! LOL!
biggrin.gif

Yes, it is a Friday (Thank GOD!!!) and it's at:
Heads Or Tails Restaurant & Banquet Hall
847 Brown's Line, Etobicoke, ON M8W 3V7
Phone: (416)253-0037

Everyone's confidence in me, and eagerness to see me perform is truly touching. I have tried to warn the band that I might screw up (and this is NOT false modesty, I haven't performed in front of anyone since high school!!!) but they insist that I won't.

I have rehearsals soon, I'll let you know how they go!

BTW, this MW is going to be a mixture of the first half of the current version and the last half of the ZooTV version.

And yes Disco, I know it's an exorbitant price for a costume (damned hand made costumes!) but I do plan on using it a lot, and I'm all set for Halloween!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by anitram:
Jessica, where in Etobicoke?

I believe April 5th is a friday. So, I'm thinking about it.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom