at your funeral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rafmed said:
From the first time I listened to this song, it came to my mind that its the last song I want to hear.

Stay ( Faraway, So Close)
Erhm, when you are lying in the coffin you can't hear the song anyway anymore........

Funny you should bring this subject up, but I was only thinking about it the other day - how morbid! Anyway, I'd like to have 'Kite' played whilst I was being carried out of the church. Such a powerful song - a real tear jerker with thought provoking lyrics for such an occasion. Bono said that it's a song about "letting go of somebody you don't want to let go of" - I can't think of a more appropriate song for such a situation. It brings a lump to my throat just thinking about it.....

It isn't something i like to think about...

I do pretty much want all of their tunes but I would like to be remembered like this...>

One Tree Hill

I thought it was a touching rememberance of a friend.

Attachments

• onetreehill2.jpg
    onetreehill2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 6
FallingStar said:

Erhm, when you are lying in the coffin you can't hear the song anyway anymore........

They say that the last sense that you lose just before you pass on from this world is your hearing. I have remembered that when near someone that was ready to die...I would also like to add this thought....I don't believe that we just die...I believe that we live forever within the lives of all we have touched, loved and interacted with in this lifetime...the music of U2 will go on forever as will my art...its something you can touch and hold and a part of me....Music is such a part of my life I would like to think that somewhere out there is a person that truly feels the same feelings as I do when they listen to a song...somewhere out there is a person thinking the exact same thougt as you are at the same time, that is why I Love U2..because their songs seem to follow within the feelings I develop in my life..they just fit!
Another time...Another Place

Last edited:
Interesting! I told my kids and husband some time ago that I wanted Kite played at my funeral. I was surprised to see this thread! I also think MLK is beautiful.

Liked some of the funny ideas earlier this thread...will have to give it more thought!

:yes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom