Astrid Lindgren dies at 94

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Olofski

The Fly
Swedish author Astrid Lindgren today died at age 94. Her books was translated to more than 80 languages and sold more than 80 million copies world-wide. Among her more famous books are "Pippi Longstocking", "Ronia, the Robbers daughter" and "Emil?s Pranks".

I know this is no U2-topic, but I thought I could post it anyway. Maybe some of you in this forum grew up reading her books, I did.

See you in Nangijala!

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN
We move through miracle days Spirit moves in mysterious ways

Oh no...
frown.gif
that's very sad... although she was very old, so I guess it was expected.
I grew up with her books, as millions of others have.
RIP Astrid
frown.gif

Nooooo
frown.gif
I love the Pippi books!

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Sad...she was one of several amazing Scandinavian children's writers. Hans Christian Andersen, Tove Jansson (sadly, no one in North American has heard of the Moomins) and Astrid Lindgren. I have to say I wasn't a big fan of Pippi, as far as terrible children went I preferred Emil...and then there was The Children of Noisy Village and Karlsson-on-the-Roof and Ronia the Robber's Daughter and Mio, My Son and the greatest, The Brothers Lionheart, one of the true masterpieces of children's lit and maybe all twentieth-century literature.

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

2ScateroFlight : i love and adore KARLSON !!!!!
But also , yes , you're right Tovvie Janson is great writer with her own world of mummy-trolls , wizards , HEmuls , gee i like all her books , and also i like very much scandinavian auhors ( thier fairy - tales stories , novels are very popular in Ex-USsR countries ).Sorry for going into alittle bit different direction .

Back
Top Bottom