ASOH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asunder

The Fly
Dear U2,

I am writing to exhort you, on your next tour, to pull out one of your greatest lyrical masterpieces of yore, A Sort Of Homecoming.

Beautiful, horrendous, desperate, evocative and poetic lyrics. It speaks of an otherworldy triumph. Of hope. Of the beautiful power of truth to conquer this so-called 'reality'.

It's the song that made me fall in love with you.

Yours sincerely,

Asunder

Nice letter, but I don't know if U2 or any of its members are a member of this forum.

Great idea. But Bono has to learn the lyrics properly.

ASOH :drool:

I love those lyrics. Might be there best album opener (except Streets, I guess).

ASOH :drool:

I love those lyrics. Might be there best album opener (except Streets, I guess).

Streets isn't all that great on the album; it comes to life in a live setting. As far as studio album openers go, Zooropa wins. :drool: ASOH a close second.

Streets isn't all that great on the album; it comes to life in a live setting. As far as studio album openers go, Zooropa wins. :drool: ASOH a close second.

I fell in love with Streets the first time I heard it. Live it's better of course, but I think the album version is awesome too. But yes ASOH needs to be played next tour. Great lyrics and hopefully great vocals and drumming :drool:

I like Streets album, but it is much better live.

And I forgot about Zooropa... hmm... that's up there, too...

I love streets on the album, moreso than live.
A Sort of Homecoming should have been a live regular for the last 20 years.

I love streets on the album, moreso than live.
A Sort of Homecoming should have been a live regular for the last 20 years.

yeah sometimes I wonder wtf is going on in the heads of U2 and anyone in the U2 camp...I mean, what you say makes perfect sense...it's like why the fuck not? How on earth could they have let 20 years go by and only play this absolutely brilliant track as little as they have....I just don't get it....it flows well with many other songs, I mean clearly it is a song made to be played live, yet it's probably unheard of by many casual U2 fans....every fucking time it has been played it pretty much sounds unbelievable! This track better be played live next tour or else................ I'll keep going on rants like this :angry:

Back
Top Bottom