Ask a U2 question you were always too afraid to ask

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Thats it kids!
Lets lay it on the table. Those questions you've always had but never been game enough to ask.
The time has come. Get asking!!!! We as a huge body of U2 fans full of U2ey knowledge should be able to find the answers!!!!
Me first.

What the hell is the deal with the dude in the plastic wrapping in the Until the End of the World video? And..more importantly, who is the dude in the plastic wrapping?!

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*

that dude is EDGE wrapped in plastic it looks like red blood also very cool.now they should make more videos like that it kicks arrss.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

iTs EdGe?!!
eek.gif

hOlEeEe

See, so quick and I found my answer.Thanks Shaun!!
Swan, i think they need to be questions we can answer, not U2 lol

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*

Has any one member ever seriously considered quitting at any time? I know that it is said U2 nearly broke-up after the POPmart tour, but, that's not what I mean. Has any one member just gotten so sick of it all that he was gonna say to heck with it?

Originally posted by shaun vox:
when did bono and ali have their first child?

I believe they had their first child in 1989. I had an issue of Rolling Stone from 89 and it showed a picture of them holding the baby.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

before making achtung baby they did not know if they had any thing to say musicaly. and the band said that if ATYCLB was a dud or a flop, that would be that last album or the start of something new. and bono has said he does not want to be in a crap band and the minute u2 becomes crap were all out of here and so on.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES

Originally posted by bonofnattic:
Has any one member ever seriously considered quitting at any time? I know that it is said U2 nearly broke-up after the POPmart tour, but, that's not what I mean. Has any one member just gotten so sick of it all that he was gonna say to heck with it?

Didn't Bono, Edge and Larry almost quit around the time of the October album because of thier christianity beliefs and Adam was a bit left out at this time but they all managed to wrk it out- or something like this, please correct me someone if I havn't got the story right
smile.gif

I think it was edge who actually came close to qutting...Bono replied to him by saying without him theyd have to split the band...thank goodness they didnt!

Originally posted by Tizer:
Why is U2's audience predominantly 'white-middle class' ?

Rock is usually a white domain, which is of course a bit silly given it owes everything to blues.

And middle class because the deep working class has problems associating itself with a rock group that talks of "spirituality" and is involved in world issues. It's not cool, man!

JOrdan was born on her Daddy's 29th birthday!

Didn't they also almost break up during the recording of AB and that's how One came about?

forget it I'm too afraid to ask my question I'm too afraid to ask, never mind
eek.gif
edit:

[This message has been edited by Autumn454 (edited 03-20-2002).]

Hey Brettig

I'm doing OK. Suffering with the big life questions, but hey that's what turning 30 does to you!

I hear the crack of leather on willow, and I think of you..(for the ignorant amongst you, that's not perverted) See the Aussies are still top of the World. Noce to see us up against your neighbours though.

White and middle class. I know. Just seems to make them less dynamic though. Always a contender for MOR, safe, status though. At the time of Achtung Baby's release, I read a review which stated that the album could have been sooo much more if Bono had been a better lyricist, that it could have beeen a really 'dangerous' album. I just wonder if that moment has passed them by.

I guess I want them to be even more than they are.

It stems from wanting myself to be more than I am, I think. Life is not a dress rehearsal, yet I still find myself looking towards the prompt when I falter.

Question 2

Do you feel loved, still leaves me cold. What does anyone see in it?

Why don?t they produce their own albums? I know they do have the greatest producers in for example Daniel Lanois, Brian Eno etc, but I would find it kind of cool if they did produce a whole album all by them selves. (I guess they are highly involved with the producing on their albums) Just to see how it would sound. Even if it would be crap
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Blue Saint (edited 03-20-2002).]

How do you pronounce "Aislin"? I always pronounce it Az-Lynn, but I tend to pronounce things wrong.

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Won't you kiss me on that midnight street, sweep me off my feet, singing 'ain't this life so sweet?' -David Gray

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Madonna...I have an aunt named Aislin, and we pronounce it eyes-lynn, but it sounds horrible with an american accent...when you here her say it, it is beautiful...it almost becomes oys-lynn when she says it...I should just record it and send it to you! LOL!

Fishy <><

------------------
The Macphisto Society
Being Bad Never Looked So Good

Wednesday + MPS = NAKED TIME!!!

"Except it may have been Care Bears" ~Opal

Well, yeah, I guess I forgot to eliminate the October-era soul-searching that Edge was doing. I'm basically saying, did any ONE member think at any point during their success-ride, "I can't look at these guys anymore, and I'm tired of not having a private life." Not the whole band, ONE member. ever?

THE EDGE rumour: I seriously read something ( so you know it must be true haha) about Edge getting caught stealing some guy's undies off of said person's clothsline. Some kinda male-underwear fetish. That is the funniest thing I've ever heard about a member of U2, and I really find myself thinking that I'd still be a huge fan of Edge even if it were true. It's just too funny.

ha ha ha (laughting about the undies story...
biggrin.gif
).
Here`s something I always wanted to know...WHAT THE HELL DOES: "Mothe sucking rock&Roll" means?!?!?!
Is Bono trying to make a point?!
I don`t get it! I don`t get the point. It`s pointless- the line is pointless!!!
(That was me getting all "Sinfeld")
But seriously, If anyone here knows the "deep meaning" behind the line please be so kind and let me know!

...(still laughting on the Edge.. hi hi...)

------------------
"And there`s no mountain to high ,no river to wide. Sing out this song and I`ll be there by your side.Storm clouds may gather and storms may colide...
I love you untill the end of time.
Come what may! I will love you until my dying day!"

MOULIN ROUGE

What the hell is being sung in the background to Mofo? (Edge sings that part on the live version and maybe album version - don't know 'cuz I don't listen to album version!)!?

Little red something or others????

That's always stumped me....

Originally posted by partygirl:
Yes, Jordan was born on Bono's birthday. And it is my understanding that Eli was born on Aug. 21 which is Bono and Ali's anniversary.

And even more important:

It's MY BIRTHDAY

As for ladywithspinninghead:

Been around back
Been around front

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

[This message has been edited by Vorsprung (edited 03-20-2002).]

Bono, is that Elevated piccie for REAL????
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

Thank you and happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU

(btw, you're 5 months too early, but I don't care, I'll make it to my 22nd birthday)

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

Back
Top Bottom