Ask a U2 question you were always too afraid to ask

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha, sorry...I hadn't even read the quote above...I just went to see what you had addressed me and the big bold lettering of "It's my birthday" caught my eye!

haha, my fault - sorry!!! I did think it was kind of strange that you mentionned it here, out of the blue ....I was just so stunned to learn those lyrics from the song that I didn't give it a 2nd thought! lol!

[This message has been edited by ladywithspinninghead (edited 03-20-2002).]

I believe the lyrics in the album sleeve say "Been around the back, been around the front."

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

What the hell is being sung in the background to Mofo? (Edge sings that part on the live version and maybe album version - don't know 'cuz I don't listen to album version!)!?

Little red something or others????

That's always stumped me....

Originally posted by partygirl:
Yes, Jordan was born on Bono's birthday. And it is my understanding that Eli was born on Aug. 21 which is Bono and Ali's anniversary.

Wasn't Eli born on the 18th? Bono's dad died on the 21st.

My question: why did Edge divorce and who instigated it? I've always wondered about this (it was before my "U2 time") and have not ever seen anything about it.

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Why do U2 love me so much?

Why is it that whenever I go to a city they live in, they try to get a glimpse of me?

Why do they love my music so much?

Why do they try to go to all my live shows whenever I tour (every three or so years?)

Why do they listen to me everyday, boots, songs, remixes etc?

Why do they check the ouizyinterference site every day and post on the various forums there?

Why do they collect all my albums?

Why do they have me on video tape capturing my every move, so incase I ever break up they will have copies of the history of my band to reminisce with?

(I think something may be backwards here...)

Why was 11:00 Tick Tock left off Boy?

Why does Adam have a mic set up on previous tours even though he doesnt sing?

Why oh why!!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by Angell:

Wasn't Eli born on the 18th? Bono's dad died on the 21st.

The website I refer to says Eli was born on August 17th.
http://members.tripod.com/~trampledindust/BONO/index.html

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 03-21-2002).]

Originally posted by OzAurora:
Didn't Bono, Edge and Larry almost quit around the time of the October album because of thier christianity beliefs and Adam was a bit left out at this time but they all managed to wrk it out- or something like this, please correct me someone if I havn't got the story right
smile.gif

i think you are right...though the guy on U2 legends on vh1 said that Adam was the one that thought about leaving the group at the time.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer, she's imagination...

Hey Bono, was really yours that pair of black boxing underpants thrown from the balcony of Copacabana Palace hotel in the last time you came to Rio, November 2000?
biggrin.gif

Or in a more serious note:

Hey guys, when will I see you again?

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 03-22-2002).]

Originally posted by senrab:
Do Adam and/or Edge have Irish citizenship?

Adam has it, but I don?t think that Edge ever got it

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by madonna's child:
How do you pronounce "Aislin"? I always pronounce it Az-Lynn, but I tend to pronounce things wrong.

it?s actually Ash-lynn.
smile.gif

------------------

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by bono_man:
Why does Adam have a mic set up on previous tours even though he doesnt sing?

cause he used to do backing vocals in the early days. But he stopped doing that I think around the war tour. But the mic was there for a couple of more years
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by AM:
Adam has it, but I don?t think that Edge ever got it

Hasn't Edge been in Ireland since he was a baby (or very young child)? Wouldn't he have to have some sort of citizenship having lived in the country for so long?

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Yay a ask the question you were afraid to ask thread.

Okay here's my question:

When did they record Jitterbug Baby, I just happened to find it, and I never heard it before.

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

Originally posted by daisybean:

Okay here's my question:

When did they record Jitterbug Baby, I just happened to find it, and I never heard it before.

I think it's from the Axtung Beibi Outtakes.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Okay, I have a silly question.
biggrin.gif

At the Irving Plaza club show in December 2000, Bono announced that Larry and Anne had had another child. It has been almost a year and a half and still no one seems to know if it was a boy or girl or the child's name! Does anyone know?

It's amazing how they could keep it a secret this long. Who knows, maybe Edge has 8 kids by now and we don't even know?
wink.gif

Here's the question which I'm sure you will all thank me for asking. I asked this once on here, and got two replies so different that neither could be deemed correct!

So here goes:

Mr Vox, what on earth are you mumbling under the guitar solo during the middle of If You Wear That Velvet Dress?

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
Here's the question which I'm sure you will all thank me for asking. I asked this once on here, and got two replies so different that neither could be deemed correct!

So here goes:

Mr Vox, what on earth are you mumbling under the guitar solo during the middle of If You Wear That Velvet Dress?

I can't check this right now, but I believe he is mumbling some of the lyrics.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Anyone born in Wales is automatically a British citizen.

Thanks for answering my question, AM. :)

Originally posted by dizzy:
I would think so too, otherwise, what citizenship would he be holding...British or Welsh?

As for my question, I believe someone brought this up in the past, but I wonder if any of them have cheated on their wives/partners?
eek.gif
I think I'm afraid to find out the answer to that!

Originally posted by Angell:
Hasn't Edge been in Ireland since he was a baby (or very young child)? Wouldn't he have to have some sort of citizenship having lived in the country for so long?

I would think so too, otherwise, what citizenship would he be holding...British or Welsh?

As for my question, I believe someone brought this up in the past, but I wonder if any of them have cheated on their wives/partners?
eek.gif
I think I'm afraid to find out the answer to that!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom