As this is war against terorism, should IRA and ETA be eliminated too?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi again! SV and Marko...
I agree with you that any terrorist has to be punished, wherever he is from, or whatever religion or politics he is...
but, I don?t know if I can?t make me understand writing in English, what I try to say is...that NOWADAYS (not 1492) Christian religion has evolutioned, maybe the occidental society has evolutioned, but it?s is a crazy idea that any occidental society is going to fight for their religion, but that?s not what happens with muslims....
Koran as the Biblia is a peaceful and spiritual b holy book, but HOW they interpret it?Which is the meaning they give it to it? HOLY WAR is the easiest way to drive people, to die defending muslim religion will take you to God...????????
SV I do know muslim friends too here, but they are not in a muslim society, they are muslims who live in a occidental people, that changes the focus.
And I critizise this as much as I critise what europeans made in the past in the name of crhistian religion.

Marko...yes!I from Catalunya, we are not military opressed, but we have been occupied since 1714, it seemed that in 1933 when E.R. (republican left) won buy high majority the elections Catalunya will be a free country again but in 1936 it was the spanish civil war won by dictator Franco who persecuted all kind of catalan culture.He send a lot of inmigration to Catalunya like a way to finish with the language...nowadays catalan and spanish are both oficial languages in Catalunya, but it will be very dificult to become again a free country because of the inmigration...if there are 6 million people in Catalunya, more than 3 million have foreign origin.some have asapted here but majority not.

and ah!we can travel to the USA...it was in 1492 that catlan people was forbidden to go to South America...why? to don?t allow catalan to make business.

bye!...

hi ladies and gents, i'm a new interferencer, so bear with me. first, i'd like to say, excellent thread. jordi, hey not to bash you, but it is about 1492. it is about 1942. it is about 2001. the nature of humanity and all of it's institutions is to cnstantly change. you know the expression. all religious institutions ebb and flow. from fundamentalist extremism to liberal tolerance. depending on many factors. just because at this moment in history christianity (in general, i'm not refering to extremists-as we know they will always exist) is playing the peace loving tolerant card. all it will take is a threat from a common enemy, fear, and devisive rhetoric and the pendulum can very likely swing the other way. we are no different. just in a different place right now.

Back
Top Bottom