Arizona Diamondbacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
oh you fucking blew it, god damn I'm pissed over this, and if I have to hear one more punkass say "oh, the Yankees should win for New York" I will "puke green" (to quote the ever-so-eloquent New York Post)

They were doing fine with Shilling, then they decided to put in Kim. We heard the conversation between Shilling and the manager, Shilling said he still wanted to pitch, but no, they need him for game 7. Well, how about winning game 4 before we think about game 7??

Bah! Schilling was pitching a gem. I can't believe they went to Kim. Then again, I wouldn't call Bob Brenly a genius of a manager either. They were one out away from getting a 3-1 lead, and now its tied up. Unbelieveable.

Oh and everyone who wants the Yankees to win just because it's New York, I think their 4 championships in the past 5 years, and their 26 total championships should provide them with a bit of consolation.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
oh how clever with your posts, never saw that coming

Oh, someone's bitter.
wink.gif

As a Mets fan who lives in NYC, I suppose I *should* root for Arizona. Too bad their relief pitching is even worse than the Mets fabled tandem of John Franco and Armando Benitez.

I hold no ill feelings toward Microsoft...I mean, the Yankees (sorry, wrong unrestrained capitalists). Arizona has their hired guns and the Yankees have theirs.

Plus, I hate that Jerry Colangelo as much as I hate Steinbrenner. So, in the end, I hope NY kicks their ass, for the sake of all the Yankee fans in our battered city.

Besides, Arizona has that swimming pool in the outfield. That kind of crap pisses me off. I mean, is that *really* necessary? Why don't they just build a freakin amusement park in the outfield. You can ride the ferris wheel while your favorite team gets their asses kicked! Yay!

AJ

Its best of 7 right?

pardon my ignorance...but to quote John Cleese 'if you americans are going to hold a world series then u should at least invite some other countries to compete...'

-------------
Yes I know its from the newspaper spnsorship.

If I saw Derek Jeter walking down the street, I swear I might just have no choice but to punch him in the face. Sure, he'd probably kick my ass ten times before I hit the ground, but I don't think I could contain the rage.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Bahaha Pop! Yay D-Backs! I dunno what else to say obviously.

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 10-31-2001).]

The Yankees are a team of destiny.
Anyone who is rooting against them has no hope. So give up and join the party.

I rarely watch pro sports anymore specifically because of teams like the Yankees. Payroll = good players. It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you PAY for the game...

Give me K.U. basketball anyday...

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

If wanting the Yankees to win 'cuz of what happened in New York isn't a good enough reason to support them, then frankly I don't know what is!
rolleyes.gif

Yes, and while we're at it, let's all give the Stanley Cup to the Rangers, the Super Bowl to the Giants, and the NBA championship to the Knicks.

Come on, I don't think the Yankees would want people cheering for them just because they happen to play in New York. They've worked hard all season, as have the Diamondbacks, and to treat either team preferentially because of circumstances out of their control would just be unfair.

------------------

i want the Jankees to win just because i love the song "ha ya doin." and i want to hear it played all over the city.

its an atrocious song, but i absolutely love it.

yeaaaaaaaaah!

[This message has been edited by no disk (edited 11-01-2001).]

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Yes, and while we're at it, let's all give the Stanley Cup to the Rangers, the Super Bowl to the Giants, and the NBA championship to the Knicks.

Come on, I don't think the Yankees would want people cheering for them just because they happen to play in New York. They've worked hard all season, as have the Diamondbacks, and to treat either team preferentially because of circumstances out of their control would just be unfair.

It's not pitying them - I was there a few days ago and I think a win would be a good morale booster - nothing wrong with that, is there?

(Somehow I think that if the games were happening right after the events of 9/11 then this argument wouldn't seem so far-fetched to some of you. How quickly people forget....)

...however, I draw the line at the Rangers taking the Stanley Cup
wink.gif

Go D-Backs. I never have been able to, and never will be able to stand the Yankees.

Of course, look at where I'm from and you'll understand why...

Originally posted by Hawk269:
Besides, Arizona has that swimming pool in the outfield. That kind of crap pisses me off. I mean, is that *really* necessary? Why don't they just build a freakin amusement park in the outfield. You can ride the ferris wheel while your favorite team gets their asses kicked! Yay! AJ

Can't wait for the amusement park!
We have fun here no matter what we do.
biggrin.gif

This is not happening. I can't fucking believe it. They put in Kim again, and he gives up a home run again!!!!

This is the story of the Yankees. They get everything to go their way. EVERYTHING!!!!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom