Are you this pathetic too?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

*Stormy*

Are you so addicted to this site that when you can't be on for a few days, or even a few hours, it bugs you and you wonder what's going on and you can't get it out of your mind? I hate to admit that happened to me, but it did.

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

Maybe I shoulda put this in ZOO CONFESSIONALS!

------------------

I haven't been around for a few days.. so, I'm lost and confused as always.
tongue.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

whenever I feel myself getting that way, I go away and break the habit. It's good for you.

Yeah, I missed some days, or most of some days the last week because of Spring Break and being gone so much. I never realized how addicted I was to this place and I am so ashamed, but here I am!

I didn't check in here all weekend....that happens a lot. But when I come back, I have to spend too much time going through new threads in all the forums. I definately think it's better to come often, that way you can read the threads as they appear, and be on your way..........

I used to feel that way, but yknow what, I finally realized that there are more important things in life than missing a day or two of interference.

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 04-08-2002).]

The disturbing thing is, I used to ENJOY getting away and I hated staying home. Now I never want to leave my computer. I used to love long drives in the country and looking at the scenery, taking pictures and having exciting adventures waiting just down the road. Now, whenever I'm gone, all I can think about is getting back to the computer. When someone else is on it, I'm anxious and can't wait until they get off! I HATE this, but I can't help it. I've never been on drugs but maybe this is how an addict feels. Maybe it will get better when summer comes, I hope, I'm going crazy!

------------------

This brings up another question, but I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll ask it here and hope people will notice:

Has this or any other site or message board:

1- interfered with your job and/or schoolwork
2- interfered with your love life/personal relationships
3-caused you to miss out on opportunties for other forms of entertainment, such as, people ask you to go out somewhere or watch a movie, but you'd rather sit in front of the computer and rock it.
4.-cost you money, such as, lost work time, lost job, or you were so busy on the internet you forgot to pay bills that got behind and you got fined.
5-caused you to eat or drink too much and gain weight or get sick

Be honest, are you guilty of any of those things?

------------------

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-08-2002).]

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
3-caused you to miss out on opportunties for other forms of entertainment, such as, people ask you to go out somewhere or watch a movie, but you'd rather sit in front of the computer and rock it.

I'm guilty of those two. Ugh.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Are you so addicted to this site that when you can't be on for a few days, or even a few hours, it bugs you and you wonder what's going on and you can't get it out of your mind? I hate to admit that happened to me, but it did.

Not in that amount, i might think about it, but not the whole time i'm off the computer.

Then, of course, i spend too much time on it again as i have to make up all the reading!
biggrin.gif

There are levels of patheticness with me beyond online message boards that only Blue Room could probably begin to understand. There a is whole different world with U2 that is hard to even try to explain. Once you are sucked in, you don't want to come back out.

[This message has been edited by Jayhawk (edited 04-08-2002).]

Originally posted by Jayhawk:
There are levels of patheticness beyond online message boards that only Blue Room could probably begin to understand. There a is whole different world with U2 that is hard to even try to explain. Once you are sucked in, you don't want to come back out.

[This message has been edited by Jayhawk (edited 04-08-2002).]

Yep. So, so true. In my experience, U2 fans (both virtually and in REALITY) are the coolest people around! That's why I love concerts...Masses of U2 fans who are just as insane as you are! hehe

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

1. well not really, i mean its distracted me from work, but everything distracts me from work
2. no, and i definately plan to keep it that way
3. hell no. not like people ask me to do stuff much though.
4. no, i don't make any money so i can't lose it easily
5. definately not. i'm slim as a spring chicken.

Stormy, are you reading my mind again???
smile.gif

My interference birthday is coming up soon and it's taken me nearly a solid year to just *begin* weaning myself from this place!! Talk about obsessed....my life is divided into B.C. (before computer) and A.D. (after discovering Interference)!

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Stormy, are you reading my mind again???
smile.gif

My interference birthday is coming up soon and it's taken me nearly a solid year to just *begin* weaning myself from this place!! Talk about obsessed....my life is divided into B.C. (before computer) and A.D. (after discovering Interference)!

LMAO!!!! That's it!!
biggrin.gif
SIGH, pitiful I know...

------------------

I'm kind of addicted to this place. My husband isn't thrilled with the amount of time I spend here. It has affected my work life somewhat. But I enjoy the site a lot, and it has introduced me to the internet, and to trading and downloading music. And I've met some nice people!

No I'm not! I have never thought that I was missing anything from here while I wasn't on.

------------------
"It's Evolution Baby!"

I have come to yet another sad conclusion of my patheticness- though I am addicted to this place hopelessly, I don't really fit in and no one really likes me! Some of you say you have met some friends here, that's great. Some of the people here have been very nice and I appreciate that. But overall, I feel like an oddball, I have very different opinions, tastes, personality and sense of humor than most of the people here, and I do not fit in. And, as Scarlett O'Hara said, 'I have loved something that doesn't exist, and, somehow, I don't care!' I will never compromise my integrity or pride by selling myself out and faking liking things I don't or changing my personality just to 'fit in'- I didn't do that in school, hated the kids who did, and I won't do it now. I'm like Larry that way, I hate phoneys, and I won't be one, even if people don't like me. Two faced people suck. Someone once told me, even though they argued with me, that they admired me for being a real person and they would rather fight with a real person speaking honestly than to have their ass kissed by a phoney fake two face in the name of 'peace.' I yam what I yam, and I am not ashamed. I will hang around, because I am addicted, and unless I get banned, I'll be here, finding something entertaining, pathetic though I may be. Oh well, there are worse things in this world. SIGH.

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

2- interfered with your love life/personal relationships
4.-cost you money, such as, lost work time, lost job, or you were so busy on the internet you forgot to pay bills that got behind and you got fined.
5-caused you to eat or drink too much and gain weight or get sick

1. Yes and yes. Especially when I waste library time given to me during school looking at interference, when I can't even post!

2. Nah.

3. Nope. Only interferes with things I HAVE to do.

4. Not really. Maybe I've had to stay late at work 15 minutes to finish stuff up, but rarely.

5. I'm sick anyways. Seems as though the cold season hits in April for me...it has provided me with entertainment on my sick days. So that's an interference plus.

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 04-09-2002).]

<---
Okay, Stormy, take note. You want obsessive? See that number over there? Yeah, over there. It's big. BIG, I tell ya. Almost...MOD big.
eek.gif
It's so big that I didn't even freaking REALIZE I'd hit the 3,000 mark...60 posts ago, D'OH!

So uh...happy anniversary to me??
confused.gif

Geez! I still have to do my taxes!!! Jane! Get me off this crazy thing!!!

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 04-09-2002).]

Originally posted by Discoteque:
<---
Okay, Stormy, take note. You want obsessive? See that number over there? Yeah, over there. It's big. BIG, I tell ya. Almost...MOD big.
eek.gif
It's so big that I didn't even freaking REALIZE I'd hit the 3,000 mark...60 posts ago, D'OH!

So uh...happy anniversary to me??
confused.gif

Geez! I still have to do my taxes!!! Jane! Get me off this crazy thing!!!

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 04-09-2002).]
<---------
check out my count in in 4 months, I'm on pace to match your shameful total! LMAO!

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

I have come to yet another sad conclusion of my patheticness- though I am addicted to this place hopelessly, I don't really fit in and no one really likes me! Some of you say you have met some friends here, that's great. Some of the people here have been very nice and I appreciate that. But overall, I feel like an oddball, I have very different opinions, tastes, personality and sense of humor than most of the people here, and I do not fit in. And, as Scarlett O'Hara said, 'I have loved something that doesn't exist, and, somehow, I don't care!' I will never compromise my integrity or pride by selling myself out and faking liking things I don't or changing my personality just to 'fit in'- I didn't do that in school, hated the kids who did, and I won't do it now. I'm like Larry that way, I hate phoneys, and I won't be one, even if people don't like me. Two faced people suck. Someone once told me, even though they argued with me, that they admired me for being a real person and they would rather fight with a real person speaking honestly than to have their ass kissed by a phoney fake two face in the name of 'peace.' I yam what I yam, and I am not ashamed. I will hang around, because I am addicted, and unless I get banned, I'll be here, finding something entertaining, pathetic though I may be. Oh well, there are worse things in this world. SIGH.

Maybe your spending too much time in here.

------------------
"It's Evolution Baby!"

[This message has been edited by DoTheEvolution (edited 04-10-2002).]

Originally posted by DoTheEvolution:
Maybe your spending too much time in here.

Uh, duh. That's the point of this thread.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom