Are you properly numbified?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Astroboy

The Fly
I was thinking the other day that I'm not a good U2 fan because I can't sing along completely with Numb.
I mean...I know some verses, but I haven't mastered the song.
I need to take more intitiative to learn these lyrics

Am I alone in this? Should I be banned? Do you all hate me now?

I know.. oh, around 20% of the lyrics. :eek: Remember the scene in Bill Flanagan's book, where Edge is forced to learn every single lyric of Numb? :eek: Very daunting task..

Oh, Astroboy, don't be so tough on yourself! You can get by with "I fe-el nu-umb/I fe-el nu-umb/I fe-el nu-umb/Too much is not enough", repeated as often as you wish!

Seriously, this is one of the songs that most often comes into my head appropos of nothing. I'll be working and I'll start humming the melody without even realizing I'm doing so. Then I'll be like, "Where did THAT come from?"

And on the basis of "Numb," the song AND the video, I've decided that The Edge is The Coolest Man Alive.

I actually learned it a couple weeks ago and sung at karaoke just to piss people off.

I've had to listen to it a couple of times with the lyrics right in front of me, but, yeah, I've got it all down.

I was so pumped when I heard that Larry sings the "I feel numb" part. I never knew that before.

I know the i feeeeeeeel numb bit and some other random lines- thats good enough for me :up:

I think I know about half. I listen to Zooropa soooo much that I'm bound to pick up some of them. :D

You aren't a bad U2 fan just cuz you don't know all the lyrics to Numb.
Edge didn't even know them for awhile there....it says so in Bill Flanagans book:
"Suzanne tells Edge she's got a big stack of work for him to do on the long plane ride. Edge sinks lower in his seat as she ticks off the list ending with 'And by the time we land you're going to know all the lyrics to Numb!' Edge groans. 'You're going to have it down!' Edge puts his elbows on the table and his face in his hands"

See, even Edgey had a hard time.:wink: :lol:

Astroboy said:
I was thinking the other day that I'm not a good U2 fan because I can't sing along completely with Numb.
I mean...I know some verses, but I haven't mastered the song.
I need to take more intitiative to learn these lyrics

Am I alone in this? Should I be banned? Do you all hate me now?

Astroboy you are a real U2 fan like me.. Even I dont remember when I heard "Numb" last..may be in my last incarnation!!

If you want to numbified, try comf numb from Pink Floyd :up: ..

Back
Top Bottom