are you in the picture? NG Sept 1994

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
cass11.jpg

"I'm like a preacher stealing hearts at a travelling show, " thunders Bono, lead singer of U2, the enormously successful Dublin-based rock group as likely to champion sociall justice as celebrate erotic themes...."
Page 7
National Geographic Volume 186, No. 3
September 1994

i have that issue! well.. my dad does. that's the one with the big thing about ireland right?

I love National Geographic and my parents have been subscribing for years. When I was younger (about 10) I remembered seeing a National Geographic cover about Ireland. It really struck me, even at that young age, because the image on the cover were these three kids and a pony, the one child had incredible red hair. It just seemed so Irish to me.

Well, this summer, I decided I wanted to look through that Ireland issue, because I still remember it. I've always though Ireland was a beautiful country. So I go digging through our old National Geographics. When I find it, I open it up (expecting to see pictures of rolling green hills) and what is the first image? Zoo TV. I swear, I didn't know! U2 is everywhere! :D

madonna's child said:
the image on the cover were these three kids and a pony, the one child had incredible red hair.
..... When I find it, I open it up (expecting to see pictures of rolling green hills) and what is the first image? Zoo TV. I swear, I didn't know! U2 is everywhere! :D
That's the one madonna's child, the pony with the blue eyes.
My mother had kept the issue for me last time I visited. She handed it to me saying "you'd be interested in this one" and didn't let on about the U2 reference. Nice surprise:up:. I was just so blown away when I saw it. The girls that have "bono" and "edge" written on their arms.
It really brought it home to me how very many people, for so very very long, have totally and utterly adored U2.
Some of them do look young, they'd be in their mid 20's now and it just gave me that "where are they now?" feeling.
It looks to be a rather large crowd, so being a snap shot, a few of them may look a bit "unhappy" because they were feeling crushed? It can be hard physical work being in a crowd like that.

PS: The photgraph was taken by Sam Abell

I kid you not...ABELL :laugh:

I have this slight feeling of dread rising in me about being able to secure a U2 concert ticket. They are loved by so many people.
PSS: I was also delighted by the picture on Pg 18-19, Fungie the dolphin at Dingle. I've always wanted to go there. I wonder if he is still there?
The picture on Page 17 is a bit of a heart-breaker.

anyway, isn't it nice that people keep things U2ey when you are a known U2 fan?.....mum:up:

Back
Top Bottom