Are you happy or not with the .......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
ZOOTV DVD extras

Before anything i KNOW there's a thread already bout this , but this is just a poll sorta thing , to not mess with the discussion .......

Very Simple , JUst Yes or not , and if you want put a quick line like , myself :

No , Coz I missed some key songs in a dvd of a 2 year tour whatever , missed key songs from the ZOO show like Ultraviolet .......

So What's your opinion ?

MMMm , yup should have put here :

Disc Two
1. Bonus Tracks

1. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World
2. Desire
(both taken live from the Zoo TV Special, Yankee Stadium, New York, 29th and 30th August 1992)
3. The Fly
4. Even Better than the Real Thing
(both taken live from the Stop Sellafield Concert, G-Mex Centre, Manchester, 19th June 1992)

2. Documentaries
A Fistful of Zoo TV
Zoo TV - The Inside Story
Trabantland

3. Extras
Video Confessional
Numb Karaoke

I think it depends on how extensive those documentaries are. I'd like to see a lot of phone calls and some footage on what went on beneath the stage. I just hope they don't cut it like they did on the VHS Zoo-tape that they released during the Zoo-TV era. That was painful to watch.

I'm not happy, really :(

The extras are just mini-documentaries. It could have been so easy to include Outside Broadcast Documentary and a complete 1992 concert (most famous and requested ones are Stockholm, Washington, Houston, etc). The missed videos from "Best Of 1990-2000" DVD also could have been included, these are Night And Day, Until The End Of The World (not live performance), Love Is Blindness.

It's pretty clear that the "extras" are just a excuse for the bucks, I mean, a "2 DVD set" when there's actually a 1 worth have DVD, and the other is just filler. It's nothing new from U2, just remember Elevation Boston :ohmy:

I remember back in the early 90s having seen at least 3 one hour long documentaries from Zoo TV Tour, each one with different footage and interviews :drool:. That was when we hadn't Satellite TV here in Chile !, so there must be much more stuff from Zoo TV out there :yes:

Also it's no secret that virtually ALL Zoo TV performances were filmed.

Zoo TV DVD Could have been a REAL DVD SET instead :rockon: as follows:

DVD1: Zoo TV Live From Sidney 1993. Complete. Extras. Missed videos from Best Of 1990-2000. Making of Achtung Baby. Zoo TV rehearsals.

DVD2: Zoo TV Live From Stockholm 1992 Complete. Extras. Outside Broadcast documentary. The Achtung Baby alternative videos. Making of One video documentary. Video confessionals

:wave:

ponkine said:
I'm not happy, really :(

The extras are just mini-documentaries. It could have been so easy to include Outside Broadcast Documentary and a complete 1992 concert (most famous and requested ones are Stockholm, Washington, Houston, etc). The missed videos from "Best Of 1990-2000" DVD also could have been included, these are Night And Day, Until The End Of The World (not live performance), Love Is Blindness.

It's pretty clear that the "extras" are just a excuse for the bucks, I mean, a "2 DVD set" when there's actually a 1 worth have DVD, and the other is just filler. It's nothing new from U2, just remember Elevation Boston :ohmy:

I remember back in the early 90s having seen at least 3 one hour long documentaries from Zoo TV Tour, each one with different footage and interviews :drool:. That was when we hadn't Satellite TV here in Chile !, so there must be much more stuff from Zoo TV out there :yes:

Also it's no secret that virtually ALL Zoo TV performances were filmed.

Zoo TV DVD Could have been a REAL DVD SET instead :rockon: as follows:

DVD1: Zoo TV Live From Sidney 1993. Complete. Extras. Missed videos from Best Of 1990-2000. Making of Achtung Baby. Zoo TV rehearsals.

DVD2: Zoo TV Live From Stockholm 1992 Complete. Extras. Outside Broadcast documentary. The Achtung Baby alternative videos. Making of One video documentary. Video confessionals

:wave:
[/QUOTE

Couldn't agree more.
Zoo Tv was the era when U2 had their most media attention, there were tonnes of other stuff, brilliant stuff that should have been on this dvd!

Considering what the extras were for the Vertigo DVD, I'm happy with what we're getting for the ZooTV DVD extras.

Joey788 said:
Considering what the extras were for the Vertigo DVD, I'm happy with what we're getting for the ZooTV DVD extras.

this is true

im just happy we're finally getting zootv on DVD

beggars cant be choosers

wouldnt it be great if there was a hidden easter egg that contained a whole popmart show :drool:

Chizip said:

beggars cant be choosers

As I've mentioned before, I'm just so happy that Zoo TV is coming out on DVD. I wouldn't even care if there were no extras. I consider any extras to be the icing on the cake.

Chizip said:

wouldnt it be great if there was a hidden easter egg that contained a whole popmart show :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:

Chizip won't be happy unless there's a whole popmart show hidden on the bonus dvd as an easter egg.

Some people are never satisfied.

You want Paris Hilton as bonus material?

sheeeeeesh, im just happy we're finally getting zootv on DVD

Last edited:
U2Man said:
You want Paris Hilton as bonus material?

sheeeeeesh, im just happy we're finally getting zootv on DVD

ewwwwwwz.

maybe I could just ask for Herpes Simplex 45 with my DVD, eliminate the middle man.

I'm very pleased we're getting Zoo TV on DVD finally. As long as the picture and sound are cleaned up and those documentaries are thorough I'm pleased but not TOO bothered! Just a bit sad there's no Ultraviolet among a few others as well as Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World from the Sydney show!

I think the extras sound alright for extras. I usually enjoy the documentaries, but I really hope they involve the band, and not just people who have some minute connection to them.

And the Numb Karyoke sounds a little scary. I hope it's not like the little Vertigo singalong they shoved in the Chicago doco. :yikes:

Meghan said:
I think the extras sound alright for extras. I usually enjoy the documentaries, but I really hope they involve the band, and not just people who have some minute connection to them.

And the Numb Karyoke sounds a little scary. I hope it's not like the little Vertigo singalong they shoved in the Chicago doco. :yikes:

Agreed that was very painful. I've never cringed so much in my life.

Chizip said:

beggars cant be choosers

i know right?

ive been waiting so damn long for this DVD, i'd take it without the features.

but i think their pretty good

U2Man said:

Chizip won't be happy unless there's a whole popmart show hidden on the bonus dvd as an easter egg.

Some people are never satisfied.
I agree.

But there is nothing that can justify us not getting our dvd of POPmart.

They already did some things with it, seeing the Gone version of the concert on the best of 1990-2000 dvd and the little intro of MOFO on the bonus disc of Live from Boston dvd.

So im sure it's already being remasterd etc. And im sure that many many people want that DVD.

So im defenitly hoping we are getting it next year. That would mean we have waited 10!!! years to get that dvd.

schnumi said:
Im still waiting for my POPmart: live from Mexico City dvd!

And I'm still waiting for a Lovetown DVD. I'm not even going to buy the ZooTV DVD so I don't care what the extras are.

Continuing with the cliches, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

You know what, I've always hated that saying.

Anyway. I'm just glad its coming out. And put it this way -- crap extras (i reckon theyre killah) are better than none.

haha, why do people want a whole other concert as a bonus feature? sheesh.

you people and your want for 90000 thousand bonus features of documentaries, concerts, etc.

It's like you want them to put out a DVD called "ZOO TV the documentaries and tons of other crap!" oh, and the special feature is the Zoo TV Sydney show.

Back
Top Bottom