Are you gonna wait forever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking too. It has a much.... let's just say it has a reminiscent sound to Achtung... somewhat?

AtomicBono said:
I like it as well :up: could have been on HTDAAB. nothing wrong with a 12 song album.

On that note... why is that U2 always limit themselves to 11 songs? Almost every other artist has at least 15 or so.... weird.

:eyebrow:

True... I think it's more on the lyrics. "The furniture you can re-arragenge, don't trade your dreams for some small change" What the f!?

SeattleVertigo said:
Half-decent song, not album-ready.

Yeah I agree. But yet, sometimes I find it more interesting to listen to than certain songs that did make the album!

Brilliant b-side, a little work and it could of been on the album

"The furniture you can re-arrange, don't trade your dreams for some small change"

More nonsensical than one a Red Hot Chili Peppers' rhymes :drool:

Irishteen said:
Brilliant b-side, a little work and it could of been on the album

"The furniture you can re-arrange, don't trade your dreams for some small change"

More nonsensical than one a Red Hot Chili Peppers' rhymes :drool:

Or a Bob Dylan one....

actually now listening to them seperately for the first time in a long time they don't seem that similar to me afterall.

The bass line sounds like All Because of You in the beginning...I think if it was worked a little more it could have made it on the album.

On a side note, Atomic Bomb could have been SO much better. Almost all the b-sides and demos are better than what came out. It was little over produced.

It's an alright song. Sure, it's not really album-ready, but half the stuff on HTDAAB isn't. If it replaced Sometimes You Can Record A Snoozefest On Your Own, I would be happy.

xaviMF22 said:

should have replaced some songs on HTDAAB

:no: This is exactly why you wouldn't have picked the HTDAAB tracklisting. :wink: Otherwise, we'd be stuck with the alternate DEMO versions of every song and AYGWF, which happens to be very average. I like it, particularly the chorus, but that bridge is absolutely atrocious, and the verses are a bit clunky. It's clearly b-side material.

Zooropa man said:
True... I think it's more on the lyrics. "The furniture you can re-arragenge, don't trade your dreams for some small change" What the f!?

Is that really so nonsensical? "The furniture you can rearrange" could mean you can change your surroundings, or the little things about you. "Don't trade your dreams for some small change" ... don't give up on what you really want. Don't sell out. Don't take the easy way out... don't settle for a small reward when you could go further and be happy.

I think overall it's a hopeful song about not giving up on your dreams...often times it's not that people's dreams are really all that impossible, it's just that they give up because they're too hard, or they procrastinate, and the daily drudge takes over.

Zooropa man said:

I agree...I don't like that lyric either. "Clothe the flame, or better leave it naked" isn't much better. :|

Seriously, Mercy, Flower Child, Fast Cars, and alternate ABOY should have been on HTDAAB, and then it would have been even more amazing.

Flower Child would've been better fit for All That You Can't Leave Behind methinks.

But Mercy, Fast Cars, and All Because of You (Single Mix with Alternate Lyrics) would have completely owned.

1. City of Blinding Lights
2. All Because of You (Single Mix with Alternate Lyrics)
3. Crumbs from Your Table (DVD Version)
4. Miracle Drug
5. Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own
6. One Step Closer
7. Love and Peace or Else
8. Vertigo
9. Fast Cars
10. A Man and a Woman
11. Original of the Species (Single)
12. Mercy

:drool::drool::drool:

AtomicBono said:

Is that really so nonsensical? "The furniture you can rearrange" could mean you can change your surroundings, or the little things about you. "Don't trade your dreams for some small change" ... don't give up on what you really want. Don't sell out. Don't take the easy way out... don't settle for a small reward when you could go further and be happy.

I think overall it's a hopeful song about not giving up on your dreams...often times it's not that people's dreams are really all that impossible, it's just that they give up because they're too hard, or they procrastinate, and the daily drudge takes over.

right on the mark as usual :heart:

john lennon wrote this song, btw.

In "Are You Gonna Wait Forever," Bono says "I'm gonna find myself in you." While in "Always," he says "Don't find yourself in someone else." Heed your own advice...jeez :mad:

:wink:

AtomicBono said:

Yeah, but it's an unhappy solution. Bono could've come with a different analogy.

Back
Top Bottom