Are You Ganna Wait Forever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lyrics:

All the obstacles in my way, now
Are disappearing every day, now
I'm getting closer
We're getting closer to home
It won't be long until the summer comes

Are you gonna wait forever?

Getting out from under my bed, now
I'm going to say the things I should have said, now
Getting closer
Getter to close to what's true
Gonna find myself in you

There's no one there behind their eyes
They're in the business, beautiful lies
We'll keep the promise
'Cause we don't know how to break it
The furniture you can rearrange
Don't trade your dreams for some small change
Guard the flame, we're better living naked

How?
How, how long, how long?
Or is it now, now, now?
Or is it now?

klappie said:
hola! now that Are You Gonna Wait is out in all its glorious ringing tones, it reminded me a little bit of this tune I have.
It seems to be an outtake called Novelty Act from late 90s sessions for All That... well it sounds similar in the ringing guitar in the chorus at least..
I've put up a clip here:
http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=973364A3AD5E0ED5B2AC8034061E4EB8

what do you think, what period does this suit best with?

cheers!

edited to make link work...hopefully..
I've put up another link, in case this one still doesn't work - hope the new one does...:
http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=B9C2CC1E16704FB5FDB2644FB51395C0

[
Klappie
do you have the complete 'novelty act'? if so, could you post it? Or at least some of the vocals?

Last edited:
Hey Gorman - thanks

Hey Gorman - thanks so much.

Sorry to ask after you have given so much but can you post a link to download the Jackknife lee remix as well as anything else you have from the single?

I am foaming at the mouth with excitement - it would be appreciated!

ahhh... Novelty Act - it's original name was Mirror's Edge - done by none other than:

Me.

Yes, MadelynIris. As some of you vets might know, I occassionally like to play around and mimic edge as much as possible in a recording session just for fun. This is one of those outtakes. Kind of weird it's still floating around out there. For proof see this linL:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=novelty+act+u2+madelyniris

One thing I can't do is sing like Bono - so, it's just an instrumental. My wife sings great though - check out our cover of drowning man some time.

Mark

Re: Hey Gorman - thanks

redhill said:
Hey Gorman - thanks so much.

Sorry to ask after you have given so much but can you post a link to download the Jackknife lee remix as well as anything else you have from the single?

I am foaming at the mouth with excitement - it would be appreciated!

Here ya go: http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=D227F3A3310A179A49B56FFBA00E0C70

That's the Jacknife Lee 10". There's also a 7" and 12" remix, which I'll upload in a little bit. Only the 10" is on the single CD though.

Enjoy :)

MadelynIris said:
ahhh... Novelty Act - it's original name was Mirror's Edge - done by none other than:

Me.

Yes, MadelynIris. As some of you vets might know, I occassionally like to play around and mimic edge as much as possible in a recording session just for fun. This is one of those outtakes. Kind of weird it's still floating around out there. For proof see this linL:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=novelty+act+u2+madelyniris

One thing I can't do is sing like Bono - so, it's just an instrumental. My wife sings great though - check out our cover of drowning man some time.

Mark

I can vouch for Mark's wife. Beautiful voice, and a great version of DM.

I bought the CD, but an ex (bitch) took it. :(

Mark - I remember you posting Mirror's Edge and asking if people thought it was a U2 out-take. If I recall correctly, the guitar sounded close, but the drumming didn't pass the test. :)

Mark! Your cover of drowning man is AWWWWESOME. Still one of my favourite U2 covers. Now off to listen to the new b-side.

Oh man, I love that howling guitar style from Edge. I'm glad we got it in this and All Because Of You.

For some reason when the song starts I can hear "I can see clearly now the rain is gone" to me it is a very cheesy B-side...for me personally the best b-sides have always been from AB...Any way just ok..then again it is a B-side

Does anyone know about the 'Neon Lights' cover, there is a version of it floating around the internet for a while now, but is that the 'real' version? If so, I really think it sucks!

I did like 'Are you gonna wait forever' though, it is 'burn on cdr for the car ride' worthy.

Anyway, if anyone knows anything and could share some info about the Neon Lights song, it would be greatly appreciated.

--- Nicholas ---

zoou2@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom